I've been a lurker on this forum for some time. I'm a techie and linux user, but the only things I know about my Droid are what I've read on various forums. I'm planning to root my Droid this coming week, and was wondering whether you recommend I start with the clean froyo rom or with BB .4. Here's why I'm rooting:
- As a linux user, su privileges make me feel godlike
- I think I should do it before the 2.2 OTA release makes rooting more difficult
- My battery life on stock 2.1 is eaten up by Maps and Browser, so I'm hoping to prolong life with low-voltage kernels and SetCPU profiles
- I'm looking forward to the Froyo goodies (and maybe the BB ones too?)
- WIFI tethering will make my iPhone-using friends so jealous
Any suggestions? If I start with Clean, can I later install BB using the new Updater? Is Clean more stable (WFI, camera, etc) than BB .4 (labeled "Beta")?