DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 91 of 269 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Wow, this is really flying and so far running cooler with better battery life!

I am running v0.4 and installed chevy1 ulv 1.25ghz and have had no problems. I used SetCPU to crank it up to 1.25ghz but I realize that BB automatically does this for me if I uninstall SetCPU. My question is what does it do for speeds when my screen is off? What does it use as a failsafe temp and what does it lower the speeds to when it reaches that temp? Lastly, what does it use for low battery % alert and what dose it lower speeds to?

I basically would get rid of SetCPU but I also like that I can manipulate the speeds for low batter and high temps so I'm curious how BB treats these so I can decide if I want to eliminate SetCPU altogether.

Thanks again!
    BB is simply set for ondemand scaling -- it doesn't have profiles. So when my Droid is idle, it goes to 250mhz, the lowest setting and ramps up when my Droid needs more juice. I've completely stopped worrying about temp and I haven't run SetCPU since Pete implemented the automatic max frequency scaling.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    CodenameAndroid/Leankernel
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Rooted/unlocked and overclocked
  2. Jer
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    Quote Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post

I am running v0.4 and installed chevy1 ulv 1.25ghz and have had no problems. I used SetCPU to crank it up to 1.25ghz but I realize that BB automatically does this for me if I uninstall SetCPU. My question is what does it do for speeds when my screen is off? What does it use as a failsafe temp and what does it lower the speeds to when it reaches that temp? Lastly, what does it use for low battery % alert and what dose it lower speeds to?

I basically would get rid of SetCPU but I also like that I can manipulate the speeds for low batter and high temps so I'm curious how BB treats these so I can decide if I want to eliminate SetCPU altogether.

Thanks again!
    BB is simply set for ondemand scaling -- it doesn't have profiles. So when my Droid is idle, it goes to 250mhz, the lowest setting and ramps up when my Droid needs more juice. I've completely stopped worrying about temp and I haven't run SetCPU since Pete implemented the automatic max frequency scaling.
    Ok, that's the other question I had was on low end since my phone HATED trying to come out of sleep when 125mhz was the low end setting. Good to know that 250mhz is the bottom.

So no worries about temperature?? Really?!? That just sounds scary. I use my phone a LOT and often I hot the 130deg f temps (cpu, not battery) and my profile backs the processor off to 550mhz which seems to calm things down. You're saying that I don't need to worry about temp at all and this hardware setup can handle higher temps than 130deg f?
  3. Jer
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101
    Also, in the smoked glass theme... what are the extras? Is there a link to a list of the apps that it skins? I think I saw a couple programs that I don't use but I would like to see a full list to decide if it's worth installing or not. I HATE the white background on Google Talk and the stock SMS program so if it skins these black then I will install for sure. If it's facebook & twitter and apps I don't use anyway I won't waste my time. Did a quick search and couldn't find anything.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ok, that's the other question I had was on low end since my phone HATED trying to come out of sleep when 125mhz was the low end setting. Good to know that 250mhz is the bottom.

So no worries about temperature?? Really?!? That just sounds scary. I use my phone a LOT and often I hot the 130deg f temps (cpu, not battery) and my profile backs the processor off to 550mhz which seems to calm things down. You're saying that I don't need to worry about temp at all and this hardware setup can handle higher temps than 130deg f?
    Well, I haven't hit anywhere near 130F!
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Thanks again!

You also have to remember not all droids are the same. Mine has always run super hot since i bought it the day it was released. Mine doesnt run as hot overclocked as it did stock though which i find very funny, but mine is still hotter than a lot of people's on here.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy Nexus

Thanks again!

130F (54C) is not hot for a CPU the Droid is rated for "Commercial temperature (0C to +70C)" I set my Droid to downclock at 65C.
    (Source)

P.S.
    In the PC Overclocking/Undervolting community everyone uses Celsius as the standard. I'm not trying to say "USE CELSIUS YOU F'ING N00B!". I'm just saying it gets a little confusing for us when everyone is using Fahrenheit then we have to convert it being use to Celsius for rating PC hardware component temperatures.
    Last edited by yusky03; 07-01-2010 at 03:51 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sighrus View Post
    I have been running BB v.4 since it'e release and up till today no problems. I got up this morning to check my email on my Droid and none to be found, I knew this wasn't right so checked on my computer and about 10 emails there. I had to reboot and they finally synced up. I thoiugt this was just a fluke so I continued to play around with the phone and on checking the accounts sync section I noticed only my Google account is there, my Facebook and Twitter account are gone. Needed to sign back in to both before they would register. I am going to do a totally clean install 3x data and cache wipe since I didn't coming from BB v.3. I haven't had any fc's or random reboots. Just hoping this is just a matter of some corruption from not wiping data and cache files.
    After doing a 3x wipe I noticed some settings like wallpaper are persisting. I am using CW not SPR and booting in power and X key not from within OS so I can do a 3x wipe. Is there any way to do a really clean install of this rom without using RSD lite to go back to stock and rerooting and then installing?
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    After doing a 3x wipe I noticed some settings like wallpaper are persisting. I am using CW not SPR and booting in power and X key not from within OS so I can do a 3x wipe. Is there any way to do a really clean install of this rom without using RSD lite to go back to stock and rerooting and then installing?
    Did you do a 3x wipe of ALL your partitions (data, cache, system, boot)? That's what I did and there was nothing of my setup left when I first booted up in v0.4.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
  9. Jer
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G, Archos 101

Well, I haven't hit anywhere near 130F!
    I should note that it was more like 125ish and that was when I was running CM5.0 with a bekit kernal which was 1.2ghz standard voltage. Man that thing ran hot! Now I run the ulv 1.25 and it's noticably cooler running which I like. I like the idea of keeping an eye on the temp though and the SetCPU widget allows me to monitor both the CPU speed as well as the temp. Are y'all just saying you run BB and a kernel and fly blindly?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Did you do a 3x wipe of ALL your partitions (data, cache, system, boot)? That's what I did and there was nothing of my setup left when I first booted up in v0.4.
    Yes, at least I believe so wipe data/factory reset x3 and wipe cache x3 am I missing something?

Links