DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 82 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy74 View Post
    Anyone know what themes are working for this build?
    There is a smoked glass and nextheme for 0.4
    Also Blue Energy version FRF84B works, but my pesonal favorite, 928Droid's Black Glass for FRF84B.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
    I have two quick questions:

(1) How do I get back to the stock boot animation? While I like the new one, it takes too long to load for me.

(2) Where can I get the stock 2.0 clock APK from, so that I can run "switchclocks"?

Thanks,

AzJazz
    Bump.
    Delete the bootanimation.zip in data/local, that will get you back to stock bootanimation
  3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    What is the verdict on the 'Baseband Update' ??

I was running CM 5.0 prior to this ROM and installed v0.3 and then upgraded to v0.4 and am reading people complaining of reception issues. I have a trip coming up in a couple of days and don't want to be with phone/data/nav especially in fringe coverage areas. What is the popular thought on doing the BB Baseband Update? Should I do it or leave it as is?

Thanks!
    I always do any baseband update, there is no way that it would be released if it would make ppls service worse.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy74 View Post
    Anyone know what themes are working for this build?
    Running smoked glass and LOVE it!
    I'm running NexTheme and it's awesome! [Theme] NexTheme for Bugless Beast V0.4 (6/29/10)

There's also xTheme for 0.4 and 928Droid's black glass and Blue Energy also have been updated for 0.4, I believe.

There's also a themed version of the ROM: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bug...frf84bv04.html
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    CodenameAndroid/Leankernel
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Rooted/unlocked and overclocked
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Thanks everyone
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I was running CM 5.0 prior to this ROM and installed v0.3 and then upgraded to v0.4 and am reading people complaining of reception issues. I have a trip coming up in a couple of days and don't want to be with phone/data/nav especially in fringe coverage areas. What is the popular thought on doing the BB Baseband Update? Should I do it or leave it as is?

Thanks!
    My opinion is this: I've heard that most people say their reception improved with the upgraded baseband. However, the old philosophy of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" probably applies in this case. If you know your phone is working fine right now, leave it be until you're back from your trip.

I did not notice any improvement with my update, and quite frankly I drop out of 3G coverage quite frequently. I've yet to determine if this is simply poor signal in my house (I'm thinking it is). I get excellent reception in my office. I think 3G is a little faster in my office than it was before the update.

Your mileage may vary based upon Verizon's coverage in your area.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 A955
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post

Thanks!
    I always do any baseband update, there is no way that it would be released if it would make ppls service worse.
    I would have to strongly disagree... I mean after all these are "leaked" basebands & NOT "officially released" basebands. I would highly recommend NOT updating your baseband period, unless of course it is an official release. I have tested these baseband updates multiple times using my two Droids (which I normally get the same reception on) and have found that it always makes the reception worse on the Droid that I flash it to. The reception becomes stronger at times on one of the Droids over the other but it varies... i.e. sometimes the updated Droid will be better and sometimes worse and that can change within seconds depends on usage which will kick up the voltage to the radio. However, the updated Droid will experience much more frequent 3G drops and intermittent signal. This has happened with ALL combinations of ROMs/kernels. The intermittent signal is incredibly annoying and makes the overall data rate of the updated Droid nearly half of the other Droid which is running the original 2.0.1 baseband (C_01.3E.01P).

Obviously I was not very pleased with the baseband update results but I expected them because they are leaked and not official baseband updates as I said. The only older baseband update.zip file I could find out there was C_01.3E.03P so in order to get the original C_01.3E.01P baseband back I had to flash the SBF file back, re-root, and re-flash my custom ROMs/kernels!!! Then my reception would be back to its healthy, normal self. Haha. In the end, I have tested them multiple times and the advice I have is NOT to update, but if you are having reception problems and are willing to take the plunge then go ahead. Just be prepared to have to completely redo your phone... i.e. do an SBF flash, re-root, and re-flash custom ROMs/kernels. Lol.
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpotatohead99 View Post

Thanks!
    I would have to strongly disagree... I mean after all these are "leaked" basebands & NOT "officially released" basebands. I would highly recommend NOT updating your baseband period, unless of course it is an official release. I have tested these baseband updates multiple times using my two Droids (which I normally get the same reception on) and have found that it always makes the reception worse on the Droid that I flash it to. The reception becomes stronger at times on one of the Droids over the other but it varies... i.e. sometimes the updated Droid will be better and sometimes worse and that can change within seconds depends on usage which will kick up the voltage to the radio. However, the updated Droid will experience much more frequent 3G drops and intermittent signal. This has happened with ALL combinations of ROMs/kernels. The intermittent signal is incredibly annoying and makes the overall data rate of the updated Droid nearly half of the other Droid which is running the original 2.0.1 baseband (C_01.3E.01P).

Obviously I was not very pleased with the baseband update results but I expected them because they are leaked and not official baseband updates as I said. The only older baseband update.zip file I could find out there was C_01.3E.03P so in order to get the original C_01.3E.01P baseband back I had to flash the SBF file back, re-root, and re-flash my custom ROMs/kernels!!! Then my reception would be back to its healthy, normal self. Haha. In the end, I have tested them multiple times and the advice I have is NOT to update, but if you are having reception problems and are willing to take the plunge then go ahead. Just be prepared to have to completely redo your phone... i.e. do an SBF flash, re-root, and re-flash custom ROMs/kernels. Lol.
    1. I think the newest one, C_01.43.01P is the official baseband that will be released with Froyo.

and 2, Negative, there are many update.zips that will flash your baseband to whatever you want. You certinly don't have to do a .sbf Flash!!!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have a question.

I flashed to v0.4, and all my apps restored, however my contacts didn't sync, and says sync error.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a google issue, or should I reflash?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    and 2, Negative, there are many update.zips that will flash your baseband to whatever you want. You certinly don't have to do a .sbf Flash!!!
    This would be really handy for me, as I've had problems on the newest baseband. Can you tell me which ones?

Links