DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: cannot download from market

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

cannot download from market

I was wondering what is going on. I have bb version 1.1 and I wanted to update to verion 0.21 so I backed up my install of 1.1 and cleared cache and data and installed 0.21 and it worked fine for awhile but I started getting random restarts so I flashed back to my backup of 1.1. Ever since then, I have not been able to download any apps or any updates from the market. It will sit there saying starting download forever and just not do anything. I know for a fact that it worked just fine before trying the 0.21 upgrade and I have tried reflashing the backup but it's not working. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a fix. Thanks in advance!
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by yawhateva View Post
    I was wondering what is going on. I have bb version 1.1 and I wanted to update to verion 0.21 so I backed up my install of 1.1 and cleared cache and data and installed 0.21 and it worked fine for awhile but I started getting random restarts so I flashed back to my backup of 1.1. Ever since then, I have not been able to download any apps or any updates from the market. It will sit there saying starting download forever and just not do anything. I know for a fact that it worked just fine before trying the 0.21 upgrade and I have tried reflashing the backup but it's not working. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a fix. Thanks in advance!
    I had the same problem. I found that if I stop the downloads then clear the cache on the market, the downloads will work fine for a while.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by willia9m View Post
    I had the same problem. I found that if I stop the downloads then clear the cache on the market, the downloads will work fine for a while.
    Thanks, but pardon my ignorance, where do I go to clear the cache on the market? I don't see it in the options on the market or in settings->applications->manage applications.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    When I clear the cache I go to settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications then choose the tab on the top called All. Then scroll to Market. I have cleared the Cache and been successful most of the time, but I have also had to do Clear Data to correct it. When you do Clear data you have to acknowledge when you open up the Market again.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    When I clear the cache I go to settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications then choose the tab on the top called All. Then scroll to Market. I have cleared the Cache and been successful most of the time, but I have also had to do Clear Data to correct it. When you do Clear data you have to acknowledge when you open up the Market again.
    Thanks, for your help. I forgot that in 2.1 there aren't those tabs and you have to go to the menu and filter all rather than seeing just those downloaded. I cleared cache with no success, but I can't find where to clear data. There isn't any option in any of my applications in the manage applications window. Do you mean clear data like in the rom manager application? Sorry again for my ignorance!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by yawhateva View Post
    Thanks, for your help. I forgot that in 2.1 there aren't those tabs and you have to go to the menu and filter all rather than seeing just those downloaded. I cleared cache with no success, but I can't find where to clear data. There isn't any option in any of my applications in the manage applications window. Do you mean clear data like in the rom manager application? Sorry again for my ignorance!
    You are far from ignorant, I apologize that this hasn't fixed things yet.

On my phone right above left of the Clear Cache button I have a Clear Data Button. I am not running the same ROM though, so that may not be an option in your ROM.

When I first encountered this problem, I tried the Market Fix that has been floating around. That didn't make any difference. Then I stumbled onto clearing the cache and data. I never noticed, but it might be possible that the market fix gave me the Data option you don't have.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I had the same problem.

I tried every solution I could think of:

stopped everything and wait a day

clear cache

wipe cache from boot manager

go to back up from 2 days ago

everything

What worked for me:

Do a full back up of your current ROM

Reinstall Bugless Beast v1.1 and wipe everything

Verify the market works and install applications just fine

Restore your back up and you should be good to go
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I had the same thing happen to me also... the downloads would just say starting and wouldnt change, even if I left it for a day. Tried everything with clearing cache to whiping data in recovery, and in the apps page...

Didnt actually get it fixed until I reinstalled a 1.1 update.zip
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will try to backup, reinstall bb and restore backup and let you guys know what happens

Links