DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Themes for FROYO..

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdrummer2011 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid_2010 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdrummer2011 View Post

Do you have ROM Manager?
    No I use SPrecovery. I have since installed a new Froyo ROM and like it.
    I had read posts where people were having problems with Clockwork, so I thought I should just stick with SPrecovery. If I installed the Rom manager wouldn't it replace SPrecovery?
    You would have to install ROM Manager which costs 4 dollars (but it is worth it!!) there is a free version. Then you have the option to keep your SPrecovery or flash Clockwork Mod (which in my opinion is wayy better)
    I downloaded and bought ROM Manager.(About 3 days before this thread started, but ended up returning it) But the first option was to convert to clockwork or something like that. I am totally willing to re-buy this and start using this thing especially since you guys all make it sound great. And especially after reading that it will restore my Nandroid backups.

Couple questions tho...
    1. Say Jrummy comes out with Froyo Kangerade v1.2 or 2.0, etc.. and offers it in his thread like he did HERE . Can I use ROM Manager to install those files as easiy as I did with SPrecovery (rename to update.zip.. reboot..done)
    2. Like in my current situation where I have Kangerade 1.0 all setup with everything like I want it. Can ROM Manager make a backup of this so if I install a new ROM and don't like it I can restore my current setup?

3. You say ROM Manager can even restore SPrecovery?

If all that is true, then I'm gonna buy it again.(with no return option this time) And I'll have no regrets.

Sorry for all the questions, this is all new to me. All your help is greatly appreciated.

2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    vs980
    1. ROM Manager is actually easier; you don't have to rename the .zip installation. Just select the "install from SD card" option and locate the file on your SD card. I love this, because I have multiple ROMs, so I have them organized into their own folders without having to wonder which update.zip is which.

2. When you select to install a ROM from within ROM Manager, it pops up and asks you if you would like to back up your current ROM and if you would like to wipe cache/data.

3. ROM Manager also has an option at the bottom to flash SPRecovery if you don't care for Clockword Mod Recovery.

Hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can chime in on. I will say that I used SPRecovery for quite some time, but when I was told about Clockwork Mod/ROM Manager, I've changed over and haven't looked back...
    #su|LG G2|CM11
    #su|Samsung Galaxy S3|-Sold!
    #su|Motorola Droid Razr MAXX|-For Sale w/Lapdock!
    #su|htc Thunderbolt|-Sold!
    #su|Motorola Droid|-Traded!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    First, thanks for ALL your help. I really appreciate it.

Does it (ROM Manager) have the capability to backup my current phone "as is"? Everything. Just wondering because if/when a newer ROM comes out I'd like to know I can get my phone right back to the way it was.(Currently with Kangerade Froyo)

Also, back on Page 1 of this thread when I asked about how to install themes, user "ocdrummer2011" asked if I had ROM Manager. Does ROM Manager also take care of the installation of themes?

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X / VZW SGT
    Does it (ROM Manager) have the capability to backup my current phone "as is"? Everything.
    Yes, you can manually backup via ROM Manager any time. It will even ask you if you want to back up prior to every installation (and then it will backup your current setup and install the new ROM/theme all in one shot - doesn't get any easier/better than that).

Does ROM Manager also take care of the installation of themes?
    Yes.

ROM Manager = Best $4 spent in the Market
    Last edited by 48hughey; 06-22-2010 at 12:02 PM.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks for all the help.

Installing Free version now, and then will buy it (again) in a few minutes.

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

blackglass

Blackglass theme is working for froyo. A little gaudy, but definitely different. I like it.
    Rooted
    Ultimate Droid 2.4.0
    Linked to my iPad (Google and Apple together)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links