DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modified BB V 0.2.1 w/ Nextheme

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid-Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1 View Post
    OK, I put this file on the root of my SD card, went into ROM manager and told it I wanted to install from SD Card. After reboot it went to Clockwork something and I selected install zip from SD card and selected the file. It said it was done so I rebooted.

When it comes back, it takes me right back to the ClockworkMod Recovery screen (v1.8.1.8).

What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to rename the file?
    Don't rename the file, when you go into ROMmanager/installROM from Sd card/then scroll down and choose the file, once you touch the file you shouldn't have to do anything else....when it reboots into clockworkrecovery, don't touch anything and it should go through the installation itself.....
    Last edited by mentaloaf; 06-17-2010 at 05:33 PM.
    Allow myself to introduce........................myself
    -Austin Powers

[B]Moto Droid
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I installed this over BB 0.1 with a nextheme already applied and did not wipe data or cache. Let me do a complete wipe and install to see what happens for sanitys sake.

Elitimus
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (ROOT)
    Im thinking I just want the fonts lol
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Ok. Did a complete wipe and install. Everything worked perfectly. I honestly don't know what the problem would be.

Elitimus
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I just attempted to intall and same exact thing happend to me. I used rom manager like i always do. Coming from BB v1.1... clicked install from sd like i always do, obviously did wipe cache/data. Phone rebooted to clockwork said it installed everything. It did give me an error "no app2sd partition found. skipping format of /sd-ext." I didn't know i had to partition my sd card or anything, completely unaware of this. Then when it finished installing after that message phone auto-rebooted, hung on Motorola icon, screen blinked went back to motorola icon and hung again, then it just booted back into clockwork. That's as far as it would get. Any help would be more than appreciated i was really looking forward to getting this rom up and running tonight.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid-Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by skaman9876 View Post
    I just attempted to intall and same exact thing happend to me. I used rom manager like i always do. Coming from BB v1.1... clicked install from sd like i always do, obviously did wipe cache/data. Phone rebooted to clockwork said it installed everything. It did give me an error "no app2sd partition found. skipping format of /sd-ext." I didn't know i had to partition my sd card or anything, completely unaware of this. Then when it finished installing after that message phone auto-rebooted, hung on Motorola icon, screen blinked went back to motorola icon and hung again, then it just booted back into clockwork. That's as far as it would get. Any help would be more than appreciated i was really looking forward to getting this rom up and running tonight.
    Yeah, wouldn't work on mine either so I went back to pete's 0.2.1...BTW, that error message you noticed happens every time you install a rom, it's just part of the script it runs through, nothing to get alarmed about.
    Allow myself to introduce........................myself
    -Austin Powers

[B]Moto Droid
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    thanks for the heads up mentaloaf. I just really like the nextheme i'm debating seeing if there is something else to try to get this rom going or just going stock theme with 0.2.1 or stay on 1.1 so many options
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Does anybody know how to re-enable Apps2SD? Because it was working perfectly for me and I was running out of internal space.

Thanks!

Mike
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    how are you guys getting this to work? it was very unsuccessful for me maybe i'll give it another whirl with clockworkMod recovery and no rom manager...
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm gonna pull the link on this. Too many people having problems and I haven't seen one person have success with it other than me. I apologize for wasting everyone's time. I was seriously trying to help. The same thing can be accomplished here by installing stock BB 0.2.1 and installing Nextheme by Fab from androidforums.com Sorry again guys.

Elitimus
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links