DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 0.1 & 0.2 Random Reboots

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pwiw39167 View Post
    Ive had it happen with every froyo rom that I have tried. I finally went back to a 2.1 rom. Mine was doing it right in the middle of phone calls, also while just sitting on my desk. I have tried several different kernals and they all did it. I really like the features of froyo (
    same here. random reboots on 1st and 2nd froyo leaks, bb v0.1, team chaos (naked), and jrummy's kangerade v1.0. tried stock and a bunch of different kernals and speeds on all of them to no avail. my phone just hates froyo. have never had any reboots on eclair.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: CDMA | ROM: Sourcery | Theme: Stock | Kernel: Trinity | Recovery: TWRP
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Its frustrating!!!
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Its frustrating!!!
    haha sure is! but droptheme is amazing so im good with 2.1 for now.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus: CDMA | ROM: Sourcery | Theme: Stock | Kernel: Trinity | Recovery: TWRP
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TP-D1-D2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Race To Die View Post
    Ive had it happen with every froyo rom that I have tried. I finally went back to a 2.1 rom. Mine was doing it right in the middle of phone calls, also while just sitting on my desk. I have tried several different kernals and they all did it. I really like the features of froyo (
    same here. random reboots on 1st and 2nd froyo leaks, bb v0.1, team chaos (naked), and jrummy's kangerade v1.0. tried stock and a bunch of different kernals and speeds on all of them to no avail. my phone just hates froyo. have never had any reboots on eclair.
    I'm right there with you. I have tried all the froyo builds, jrummy, bb, ss4.1, and a few others. I have tried all the kernals and voltages. I have tried using set cpu to keep the minimum at 400 and god knows what else. I had the least reboots with jrummy's rom. I don't know what it is, but froyo on my phone just reboots and reboots. I, like you guys, love froyo, but can't put up with this. Back to CM 5.0.7.1. I understand these are just experimental builds, but it would be nice to find one that works. With all the devs on here working on these, I'm sure somebody will figure it out.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I experienced random reboots when running ANY Froyo rom, I tried all of them and the problem only happened while running on battery. I got my new Droid today though and haven't experienced any random reboots (yet).
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    TP-D1-D2
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingrocker17 View Post
    I experienced random reboots when running ANY Froyo rom, I tried all of them and the problem only happened while running on battery. I got my new Droid today though and haven't experienced any random reboots (yet).
    You know, come to think of it, my phone never rebooted when plugged into power either. Always when on battery power, or when I would wake the phone up from standby mode with the power button.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Re: 0.1 & 0.2 Random Reboots

I read this on another thread, and I bet its the source of your problem if the reboots seem to happen when unlocking.

Pressing power and volume down makes the phone shutdown.

With qwhere the volume keys are located, its actually really easy to accidentally press vol down when trying to unlock one handed.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Wanted to post an update. I did the 0.2.1 update the other night and so far so good. I haven't noticed a random reboot yet. BB 0.2.1 P3 Kernel 1.2ghz Smoked Glass Theme 1540 Quadrant score 16-17 MFLOPS Linpack score
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Another update, sitting idle on my desk it just reset. Guess I'm still having trouble with this Froyo release.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Re: 0.1 & 0.2 Random Reboots

same here. random reboots on 1st and 2nd froyo leaks, bb v0.1, team chaos (naked), and jrummy's kangerade v1.0. tried stock and a bunch of different k
    I'm right there with you. I have tried all the froyo builds, jrummy, bb, ss4.1, and a few others. I have tried all the kernals and voltages. I have tried using set cpu to keep the minimum at 400 and god knows what else. I had the least reboots with jrummy's rom. I don't know what it is, but froyo on my phone just reboots and reboots. I, like you guys, love froyo, but can't put up with this. Back to CM 5.0.7.1. I understand these are just experimental builds, but it would be nice to find one that works. With all the devs on here working on these, I'm sure somebody will figure it out.
    Yup had the most success with kangerade but after having it a day it eventually started rebooting.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links