DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BB V0.1 FRF57 Battery is PHENOMINAL!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

BB V0.1 FRF57 Battery is PHENOMINAL!

Ever since I jumped the Crackberry ship and acquired my Droid I have been amazed at the endless goodies available by a simple process called rooting. I started out with Pete's 1.0 and was extremely happy with the function. Then I upgraded to his 1.1 and still more goodies. One thing that my droid has lacked just like the rest of yours is battery longevity. I would charge at night and unplug at 0330 every morning and would have to plug back in around 1900 when I got home from work because I was down to 20-30%. I was doing good to get 16-18 hours. I did get 20-22 hours once I threw Pete's 1.0 and 1.1 on with and without setCPU. My main reason for running setCPU was so that I could set up profiles while charging, running on low battery, or defending a hot phone. I will admit I would get an hour give or take more just using Pete's script without setCPU, but I was ok with giving that up to get the ability of running profiles.

Jump forward to the release of BB V0.1. I installed as soon as I caught wind of Pete releasing last week. Just when I thought I had everything in 1.1 ol Petey boy graced us with his Froyo. I ran the stock kernel from his rom for a few days and was happy with the battery life, but I heard there was more to be had with a P3 kernel so I jumped in head first. I installed the 125-1100 kernel, set up setCPU to do it's thing, and the outcome made my mouth drop. Check out these numbers...

That is 27.5 hours with 30% battery left with fairly moderate use. Phone calls, internet browsing, Pandora for an hour or so, and around 10-15 sms/gtalk messages. My phone NEVER got over 100.4* F

Pete, you have outdone yourself bud! I am anxious to see what 0.2 has in store for us!

Credit goes out for the P3 kernels as well!!!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Wow that is a really long battery life. I haven't been fortunate with bugless beast, in fact the reason i stopped using that rom was because of the terrible battery life i had with it. It would only last me about 5-6 hours and my temps would be in the 120's constantly with minimal usage, and its not like i had a 1.3ghz kernal it was only an 800mhz. But anyways im glad its working well for you!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by GDO7 View Post
    Ever since I jumped the Crackberry ship and acquired my Droid I have been amazed at the endless goodies available by a simple process called rooting. I started out with Pete's 1.0 and was extremely happy with the function. Then I upgraded to his 1.1 and still more goodies. One thing that my droid has lacked just like the rest of yours is battery longevity. I would charge at night and unplug at 0330 every morning and would have to plug back in around 1900 when I got home from work because I was down to 20-30%. I was doing good to get 16-18 hours. I did get 20-22 hours once I threw Pete's 1.0 and 1.1 on with and without setCPU. My main reason for running setCPU was so that I could set up profiles while charging, running on low battery, or defending a hot phone. I will admit I would get an hour give or take more just using Pete's script without setCPU, but I was ok with giving that up to get the ability of running profiles.

Jump forward to the release of BB V0.1. I installed as soon as I caught wind of Pete releasing last week. Just when I thought I had everything in 1.1 ol Petey boy graced us with his Froyo. I ran the stock kernel from his rom for a few days and was happy with the battery life, but I heard there was more to be had with a P3 kernel so I jumped in head first. I installed the 125-1100 kernel, set up setCPU to do it's thing, and the outcome made my mouth drop. Check out these numbers...

That is 27.5 hours with 30% battery left with fairly moderate use. Phone calls, internet browsing, Pandora for an hour or so, and around 10-15 sms/gtalk messages. My phone NEVER got over 100.4* F

Pete, you have outdone yourself bud! I am anxious to see what 0.2 has in store for us!

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, rather just get an accurate reflection of actual battery use. Boot time is not the same as "time since unplugged." For instance, my boot time is 28 hours and counting, but I last unplugged about 18 hours ago. And since the device doesn't charge while powered off (it always boots upon plug-in), the only way that would be an accurate reflection of battery usage is if you rebooted right after you took it off the charger. Not to say you didn't, but you didn't include that in your post and I just wanted to make the clarification.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by validoption View Post

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, rather just get an accurate reflection of actual battery use. Boot time is not the same as "time since unplugged." For instance, my boot time is 28 hours and counting, but I last unplugged about 18 hours ago. And since the device doesn't charge while powered off (it always boots upon plug-in), the only way that would be an accurate reflection of battery usage is if you rebooted right after you took it off the charger. Not to say you didn't, but you didn't include that in your post and I just wanted to make the clarification.
    Good point. My only reason for taking the SS of the Battery Info page from Spare Parts is to show the percentage that the battery was down to. However, I did run a Fix Permissions after I unplugged and did a reboot as instructed. The "Time Since Boot" matched up within a couple of minutes to the "Time Since Unplugged".

Just for you, I will snap a shot tomorrow evening of the Battery Usage page. I would do it tonight, but I plugged the phone in this morning on the way to work because I didn't charge it last night.

Stay tuned!
    GPA 15
    Pete's 1.25ghz Kernel
    Pete's latest Baseband Update
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Good point. My only reason for taking the SS of the Battery Info page from Spare Parts is to show the percentage that the battery was down to. However, I did run a Fix Permissions after I unplugged and did a reboot as instructed. The "Time Since Boot" matched up within a couple of minutes to the "Time Since Unplugged".

Just for you, I will snap a shot tomorrow evening of the Battery Usage page. I would do it tonight, but I plugged the phone in this morning on the way to work because I didn't charge it last night.

Stay tuned!
    Well, kudos on the battery life then! You don't have to go to the trouble of posting a SS for my benefit (for others, if they want it, maybe); I've tried BB in conjunction with the new 125 P3 kernels, and it did not yield satisfactory results--for my device. That's the "problem" with our phones: the ideal setup for one won't be duplicated on all devices

Again, though, it's fantastic that you've found a setup that gives your device that kind of battery life. I hope I find something that will do that well for me.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Nice numbers!

What do your setcpu profiles look like? Also, what baseband are you on?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Yeah show us the "Battery use" screen...my time since boot shows 27 hours and I'm at 80%...that doesn't mean I've used my phone for 27 hours straight...would be cool, though I removed BB Froyo because it was a battery killer and a heat machine. I'm using the first release Froyo and it works great for me. I still do get 24 hours with it
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by yourhero88 View Post
    Nice numbers!

What do your setcpu profiles look like? Also, what baseband are you on?
    The Baseband I am using is here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bug...date-pete.html

I will get the profiles I am using if I get a chance this evening. My phone is down in my truck and I don't have the time to run and get it before I get off work. They are pretty basic though. I don't throttle down until 35%, 20%, and 15% I believe and obviously at high temps. I think I have that set to 128* F. Everything else is set to a minimum of 300mhz because I was missing calls when I had it set down to 125mhz. And yes this profile was being used when I achieved the 27+ hours.
    GPA 15
    Pete's 1.25ghz Kernel
    Pete's latest Baseband Update
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Battery life was decent on BBv0.1 with Pete's stock kernel but once I switched to Chevy's 1GHz ultra low voltage kernel, battery life increased substantially.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I have also seen a drastic increase in battery life after switching from jrummy's remix .08 to BBV0.1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links