DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exchange in 2.2

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Exchange in 2.2

I was extremely excited for android 2.2, as it implemented the policies my work requires for EAS. Here they are laid out straight from our internal website:

Idle timeout PIN. An idle timeout security PIN is required on the devices. Inactivity of one hour or more on the phone triggers the phone keyboard to be locked. Incoming phone calls still work while the phone keyboard is locked. The PIN number must be supplied in order to use the phone for outbound calls, email, etc.

Idle Timeout. If idle for 15 minutes, the device will automatically lock and require reentry of the PIN.

Remote wipe feature. Windows Mobile 5 phones with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack installed allow the company to remotely wipe all data stored on the phone in case of loss or theft.

Local wipe feature. If the idle timeout PIN number is entered incorrectly 10 times, the phone will be wiped of data.
    Unfortunately, whenever I try to setup my exchange account it get an error message saying "This phone does not have the security protocols required" - I never had a problem setting this up on my iPhone. Can anyone verify that all the protocols google claimed for 2.2 are working on BB?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    bump of desperation!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cavillis View Post
    I was extremely excited for android 2.2, as it implemented the policies my work requires for EAS. Here they are laid out straight from our internal website:

Idle timeout PIN. An idle timeout security PIN is required on the devices. Inactivity of one hour or more on the phone triggers the phone keyboard to be locked. Incoming phone calls still work while the phone keyboard is locked. The PIN number must be supplied in order to use the phone for outbound calls, email, etc.

Idle Timeout. If idle for 15 minutes, the device will automatically lock and require reentry of the PIN.

Remote wipe feature. Windows Mobile 5 phones with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack installed allow the company to remotely wipe all data stored on the phone in case of loss or theft.

Local wipe feature. If the idle timeout PIN number is entered incorrectly 10 times, the phone will be wiped of data.
    Unfortunately, whenever I try to setup my exchange account it get an error message saying "This phone does not have the security protocols required" - I never had a problem setting this up on my iPhone. Can anyone verify that all the protocols google claimed for 2.2 are working on BB?
    I haven't seen anything about local wipe on 2.2...are you sure 2.2 supports that feature? That could be your gap....have you tried entering in the wrong PIN 10 times (make a nandroid first) to see what happens?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2
    One other (unlikely) suggestion...my company has a sync server that I've been able to use w/out having to deal w/the policy issues. it's name is sync.<company domain name>.com.

I use that to set up my exchange account and never have any issues...worth a shot in the dark if this type of server configuration is common...my Blackberry I had before my Droid had automatic setup of email accounts (BIS, not BES) and it used the sync.<company domain>.com server as well...
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    One other (unlikely) suggestion...my company has a sync server that I've been able to use w/out having to deal w/the policy issues. it's name is sync.<company domain name>.com.

I use that to set up my exchange account and never have any issues...worth a shot in the dark if this type of server configuration is common...my Blackberry I had before my Droid had automatic setup of email accounts (BIS, not BES) and it used the sync.<company domain>.com server as well...
    i tried but there is no sync.***.com - thanks for the suggestion though
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cavillis View Post

I haven't seen anything about local wipe on 2.2...are you sure 2.2 supports that feature? That could be your gap....have you tried entering in the wrong PIN 10 times (make a nandroid first) to see what happens?
    this looks to be the correct problem - no wipe happened after 15+ invalid pins.

Is there a way to request features from pete?
    This is a very simple protocol to implement, wipe user data on 10 failed attempts. Optional (default off) unless you have synced an account that requires it.
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Earlier this week, I switched to Pete's BB v01. I use and Exchange account and was able to re-add without any issues. It may be worth your time to contact your IT folks and ask them about the SSL and other settings.

Mike
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    GNex
    I'm on 2.2 and am using RoadSync for my exchange account. Touchdown may work also but it's twice as much as RoadSYnc but also more robust.
    YMB

GNex
    Bugless Beast JB
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bumping, hoping Pete will read this thread - really want a way to at least tell the server this protocol is supported by my phone
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I don't know if you ever got around this but one things worth trying is to see if your Exchange admin can clear out all the associated mobile devices from your mailbox and then have you try again.

Also have your Exchange admin check and see if the "Allow non-provisionable Devices" is checked off, though if it wasn't iPhones shouldn't work also.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links