DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: about:debug broken (1.1 and froyo)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooiiid

about:debug broken (1.1 and froyo)

Flashed BB 0.1 FroYo this morning. Installed flash. Typed about:debug in browser so I could enable desktop broadcast and see if I could get Hulu working. Browser just sat there, not responding to my request. I thought perhaps something was wrong with this ROM on my Droid, as I've never had a problem invoking about:debug before to change browser settings.

In an unrelated event, I nandroid restored back to BB v1.1, and about:debug still doesn't work!!

What gives?

edit: brain freeze. never mind =]
    Last edited by tameone; 06-11-2010 at 10:21 AM.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tameone View Post
    Flashed BB 0.1 FroYo this morning. Installed flash. Typed about:debug in browser so I could enable desktop broadcast and see if I could get Hulu working. Browser just sat there, not responding to my request. I thought perhaps something was wrong with this ROM on my Droid, as I've never had a problem invoking about:debug before to change browser settings.

In an unrelated event, I nandroid restored back to BB v1.1, and about:debug still doesn't work!!

What gives?
    Hulu blocked us AGAIN. I was wondering about something though. Does the latest release of Fennec support Flash? If so the next question would be if the latest version of Fennec because of its' Firefox roots when about:config is typed into the address bar will it bring up the config? If so the browser agent can be changed to that of a desktop browser, say Internet Explorer 8 and then saved. Then when going to Hulu the site will parse the browser agent and see Internet Explorer 8. maybe?
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid

What gives?
    After typing "about:debug" it will seem as if nothing happened. Hit menu, then go to settings, scroll to the bottom. The additional options are there. But you don't see anything in the browser itself like Firefox does, it just shows up in the Browser settings. Anyway, doesn't matter, Hulu blocked that workaround already.,
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

What gives?
    After u type about:debug and press enter there is no visual response from the browser, there never was from me. After typing that I went into the settings and switched to desktop and it worked, but nothing different ever happened on the screen after I typed it and hit enter.
    I just tried it again. It typed about debug into the browser and hit enter. Then I hit the menu soft key, hit more,scrolled down to uastring and hit enter. Then I switched to desktop and it works fine. Fyi hulu will not work for us right now so don't test that.
    Last edited by dbz443; 06-11-2010 at 10:04 AM.
    Motorola Droid
    BBfroyo v.1
    P3 1.25 ULV
    Clockwork Recovery
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Like the others said, it doesn't show ANYTHING when you type it in the bar and hit enter.

However it opens up a lot more Settings when you press Menu > Settings.
    Loving my Droid X. Previous phones: Eris, Droid1, BB Storm, BB Curve 8330, LG Dare, LG Chocolate 1 & 2, and lots of other LG dumbphones...
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Can someone explain to me why Hulu is blocking us? I thought it was supposed to be a free internet service, is there some legal or tech issue I'm missing?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I believe it is some sort of legal issue. They don't have permission/licenses to deploy all the content via mobile platforms.

Something like that.
    Loving my Droid X. Previous phones: Eris, Droid1, BB Storm, BB Curve 8330, LG Dare, LG Chocolate 1 & 2, and lots of other LG dumbphones...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooiiid
    Oh lol.. yes I remember now. Sorry brain freeze this morning . Thanks!!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dbz443 View Post

What gives?
    After u type about:debug and press enter there is no visual response from the browser, there never was from me. After typing that I went into the settings and switched to desktop and it worked, but nothing different ever happened on the screen after I typed it and hit enter.
    I just tried it again. It typed about debug into the browser and hit enter. Then I hit the menu soft key, hit more,scrolled down to uastring and hit enter. Then I switched to desktop and it works fine. Fyi hulu will not work for us right now so don't test that.

For mine to work about:debug along did not work. I had to to the following:

about:debug
    then
    about:config
    Menu -> More -> Settings
    this allowed me to get into the extra options.

Links