DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Froyo Issues Post Here

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @wildmountain
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus DUH!
    Pete posted on twitter that he will have a fix for the fc's sometime tonight....
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm thoroughly convinced these reboots and power offs are caused by this new press the power button and camera button halfway to shut off the phone. I went all day at work sitting pretty. I checked the time when I was done with my actual work, accidentally hit the camera with my palm while putting it back into sleep. I, after cursing this "feature" turned it back on. It only happens to ME when my palm hits that camera button either waking or putting to sleep my phone. Not saying that accounts for the reboots... but maybe others are hitting the top volume or whatever it is and the power button.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    That may explain it for you, but I am thoroughly convinced that my random reboots were caused by apps on the SD card. I went 7 hours w/no reboots after taking all the apps off the card. Put one app on the card and rebooting w/in a couple of minutes.

Maybe it's a combination of separate causes, all with the same results (reboots).
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    as for the whole reboot with the volume / power / camera press, make it a 5 second timer to solve that issue.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Spare Parts not working....

Spare parts seems to always force close the moment i try to open it.

Did this in 0.2 but figured it was related to the other issues but its still doing it in 0.2.1.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quote Originally Posted by Surged View Post

Did this in 0.2 but figured it was related to the other issues but its still doing it in 0.2.1.

I can't uninstall spare parts =(.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kristoff125 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Surged View Post

I can't uninstall spare parts =(.
    Ive wiped cache and date... Ive uninstalled it reinstalled it deleted it and replaced... I even grabbed the apk out of the 0.1 version and tried to see if it would work and no go.

It force closes the moment the black background for the app appears.
    Last edited by Surged; 06-16-2010 at 11:43 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    It doesn't FC or anything, still running .1 BB seen too many problems on the forum for it before I even found the link to it, but I just can't uninstall it.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    To all the people who are experiencing there phone randomly turning on and off after installing Froyo!!

Don't take my word for it but I'm pretty sure that Apps2sd is not the cause of this problem. When I first installed Froyo, I had this issue and it got so bad that I decided to go back to 2.1. After about 2 hours, and reading about how fast Froyo was, I tried again. This time I made sure to wipe the phone four times, then the cache four times as well. I installed 2.2 and proceeded to install Titanium. My phone turned on and off a few times but eventually it stopped. I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of my phone turning on and off again.

I let it do its thing, which lasted for about a day and then stopped. Throughout this day I did about 3 or 4 battery pulls, updated the kernel to P3's 1200 and reinstalled all my apps data from Titanium. I also used Titanium to put the apps on my sd card instead of the Apps2sd option.

Around day two, my phone no longer was turning itself on and off, and has not to this day. It's been a week now and froyo is running great on my Droid. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that, IMO, patience will work the problem out. For some reason I think that 2.2 shuts itself off/on as it tries to allocate all the memory to run the phone and all it's goods.

Don't give up on Froyo if this happens. Frustrating as it may be it should end up working itself out. You wont be disappointed.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Fascinate
    First of all Pete... I LOVE THIS ROM. Great job to you and everyone involved in Bugless Froyo. ive switched and run just about every rom out there and i have to say i always miss Bugless and come back.

With that said. Im a power user, i use my phone and beat it up i expect things to get done when i click on them and i use google maps and the internet plus email plus texting and phone calls all day.

Im currently using your Bugless v0.2 with P3droid Kernal low voltage 1ghz.

i understand this is an experimental build just reporting some things ive noticed

Couple of things ive noticed so far with 24 hours of use

*when docked and unplugged Phone reboots, ive tried this about 7 times and each time i get a reboot. i had a similar problem when i was running Bugless 1.1 instead if i touched the alarm button it would crash. maybe its just my dock?

*touch keyboard has vanished on me twice without warning.

*Internet browser sometimes wont show loading bar, pushing the back button doesnt register right away at times and you have to touch it multiple times then the browser kicks you back to your default page.

*I also notice the phone has a hard time figuring out when you flip it horizontally and vertically. this doesnt happen all the time. but happens enough to draw attention.

*battery status seems to be lagged. i checked my phone while it was in standby. said 80% did a few things on the web, checked facebook. and texting, over that time (over a 2 hour window) i was impressed because i was still at 80% then after sitting in standby for about 15 minutes battery life dropped to 40%.

However even with the little blurps aside, i had zero issues installing the ROM i got from this site. and so far everything else is running nice, smooth and fast. Im not getting a Spareparts FC. or random reboots. I like 2.2 so far and im super excited to see where BB goes from here!

**Im going to install BB v0.2.1 and give it the 24 hour test again.

Last edited by Discover; 06-17-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Links