DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SS v2.2 5 slot lv 1.2 ghz

Is it just me

I font get it froyo doesn't seem faster than bugles beast at all I really font see the increase in the browser.I ran it all day and never went whoa this is way better.clocked at 1200 mhz and thought it was the same.any one else have thoughts.
    bugless beast v0.1 Chevys ulv 1.2ghz kernel

Linpack 18.539MFLOPS
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Just wait until Pete's done working his magic on Froyo
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Bionic (sad but sweet)
    There is no question that 2.2 pegs much higher on all of the benchmark testing programs. Significantly higher. But, whether this type of speed increase will be seen on your phone depends upon what you do/run with your phone. General doinking on the phone does not seem much faster, but I do have one game that runs better. I could easily get by with 1.1, and had planned to do so until source was out, and the dev's could do their thing. But, I decided that I should do 2.2 at least to have the benefit of being able to properly compare the new roms when they come out.Craig
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    i noticed the same thing that froyo doesnt feel faster even thought it does benchmark pretty high....im running nexbeast 1.1 which is based off BB 1.1...also flash is choppy and id rather use skyfire but at least it plays all the videos unlike skyfire
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Feels faster to me and I can use flash. Corporate Calendar improved, u can now rotate portrait mode upside down and the little 2.2 features are nice. (automatic updates!)
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SS v2.2 5 slot lv 1.2 ghz
    my biggest gripe would be it doesnt stay on a certain home screen it always defaults to launcher 2 no matter what i do
    bugless beast v0.1 Chevys ulv 1.2ghz kernel

Linpack 18.539MFLOPS
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid BIONIC
    I know it all depends on kernals, etc. But does anyone know how the temps are compared to 2.1?
    VZW Samsung Galaxy S3 modded, Nexus 10, Ainol Elf 2
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfrog82 View Post
    I font get it froyo doesn't seem faster than bugles beast at all I really font see the increase in the browser.I ran it all day and never went whoa this is way better.clocked at 1200 mhz and thought it was the same.any one else have thoughts.
    Yeah it's just you. Why do you expect to see an increase from the browser? it's not going to magically increase the speed from which you load from the server through your 3g connection (or wifi whatever).

It will speed up java script and rendering. perhaps a bit smoother scrolling. Try running games or large apps. I notice in 3d games like dungeon hunter that it loads much much more quickly than before.

It is def a speed increase over BB and any other rom including my favorite CM. There is no question over this at all. I can't wait to see source built roms from the code when it finally drops.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Its also not an official release, need to keep that in mind... We wont see anything "godlike" until the source is fully released IMHO but I'm sure pete is cooking up something for us which will SMOKE!! I'm just sad There is no Hexfusion for Froyo yet
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    It is going to blow BB away in terms of speed. This is a fact. But I'm sure we will end up with a better rom from Pete. We all (well most of us) know what works for us and what doesn't and Pete knows where we come from. In due time we will have a better rom and everyone will be saying "praise the lord"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links