DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: So...will YOU be switching to froyo?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetRiLJoe View Post
    It's so funny to me that I'm reading all these comments about how slow everyone feels the Froyo ROM is, and I am absolutely positive the reason he or she switched in the first place is because of all this buzz about how fast it is and those awesome MFLOP numbers...

Call this a rant if you want, but honestly I am just calling it like I see it.

No, I will not be switching to Froyo until it has been UPDATED.

All the hype about Froyo got everyone anxious. Everyone is expecting something MEGA AWESOME. I'm reading responses from people (people who actually get Froyo to install, not the ones that didn't read install instructions or the ones that simply could not get it to work for them) and it sounds like it's not that much more awesome than the speed of Bugless Beast 1.1.

In my HONEST opinion, the Froyo rom has way too much hype surrounding it. I have seen worse ROMs come through this website with MUCH better descriptions that NO ONE wants to download. Everyone wants to download this because of the hype, and everyone has too many questions that could have been answered in the original post with the download links. I don't really care if it has a description, but a post with instructions on install and not even a version number, or a short description, or anything is pretty lame. Here are a bunch of people willing to screw up their phone over a ROM that has been hyped about and now the administrators, moderators, OR the developers are too lazy to make a proper post with a full description of a ROM being downloaded by hundreds or thousands of people. And with that being said, I looked at all the other links to other Droid forums and I think the main reason why is being droidforums.net did just like every other droid forum, they just copied the news off of another site. And that's why NONE of the forums have information on it.

I'll wait for information from sources I feel like I can trust before I waste my time on something more than a name.
    not quite. Froyo is easily the fastest ROM and smoothest I've ever had my phone at. This thing flies, and I really can't imagine how anyone is comparing this to BB 1.1. There is no comparison. When BB Froyo comes out, it'll most probably be the most awesome ROM yet, but 1.1 has nothing on Froyo...
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, BB1.1, 1.2Ghz
    I had BB 1.1, and am now using Froyo. Mainly because something broke my market on my BB nandroid.. On paper, Froyo is much faster. quadrant scored, linpack...all much faster. My benchmark is a tiny bit higher, but i'm sure once pete releases something that'll be lower than it was before.

Using the phone, I haven't really done anything yet that would make me say it is faster. Its very smooth, and I like some of the new apps with Froyo. Do I think its way faster? Not from how I've used the phone. But, I haven't really done anything to test that. I do know, its definately not slower. From what I've seen, I havent really lost any performance by switching, so i'll stay here until Pete releases something new.
    Last edited by bill12690; 06-09-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Droid
    Bugless Beast 0.4
    1.25Ghz kernel running at 700Mhz
    LauncherPro
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post

not quite. Froyo is easily the fastest ROM and smoothest I've ever had my phone at. This thing flies, and I really can't imagine how anyone is comparing this to BB 1.1. There is no comparison. When BB Froyo comes out, it'll most probably be the most awesome ROM yet, but 1.1 has nothing on Froyo...
    I couldn't agree more
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    My opinion is things are a bit sluggish or "sticky" while the processor itself is capable of much, much more.

Basically I think Froyo is illustrating the grossly inadequate ram that prevents exploiting the processor to its full potential. Hmmm, haven't seen or heard much about droidswap...wonder if it could have major potential with this Froyo release?

I really don't get that about the Droid (beyond forced obsolescence). It almost like launching a netbook with a quad-core processor and just a max of 1 gig ram.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Links