DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Rooted

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Running Rooted

I was wondering is there anything that can teach me everything I need to know about running rooted specifially running with the BB V1.1??

I was wondering how do you run scripts and also how do I stop this phone from double booting everytime I turn the phone off????

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Twista89 View Post
    I was wondering is there anything that can teach me everything I need to know about running rooted specifially running with the BB V1.1??

I was wondering how do you run scripts and also how do I stop this phone from double booting everytime I turn the phone off????
    Scripts is done through terminal emulator which should show up in your app tray after install. You have to use your physical keyboard for this one. Just type in each script one at a time and hit the enter button and you should see the action you selected say it was switched or removed after. Not sure about the double boot, did you wipe before install?
    Moto Droid Rooted and OC'D, SPRecovery, BB V.6.1, Chevy's 1.1Ghz MV,

"You gotta perfect it before you package it" - Dion Sanders
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    Not to be an ass or anything, but I doubt anyone on here is willing to take you step by step, just read around the hacking section and you'll learn tons of stuff. If you want a full step by step on how to root 2.0.1 check out Matth3w's guide and it will tell you everything to do step by step (theres about 115 steps IIRC).

Ive only had me for almost three months and I feel I'm pretty well versed in it.
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod1990 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twista89 View Post

Scripts is done through terminal emulator which should show up in your app tray after install. You have to use your physical keyboard for this one. Just type in each script one at a time and hit the enter button and you should see the action you selected say it was switched or removed after. Not sure about the double boot, did you wipe before install?
    I dont see any terminal emulator in the apps...I see Superuser Permissions and Spare parts but thats it as far as unrecognized apps...

and what I did was I wiped it clean before I rooted and just installed the ROM after I rooted with 2.1. This was happening with V1.0 as well....
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Incredible
    You have to download a terminal emulator from the market, as for the boot loops try a different kernel.
    How To: Compiling a Custom Version of Clockwork Mod Recovery
    <-- Lockscreen

ROM: Incredibly Re-Engineered v2.3
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by brando56894 View Post
    You have to download a terminal emulator from the market, as for the boot loops try a different kernel.
    ok and right now I have the 800mhz kernel installed and it also did this with the stock 600mhz kernel....
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So to confirm, you didn't just wipe the CACHE, you wiped DATA/CACHE, right? As in reset to factory defaults??
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by elohel View Post
    So to confirm, you didn't just wipe the CACHE, you wiped DATA/CACHE, right? As in reset to factory defaults??
    correct but only before I rooted the phone...afterwards I just installed the ROM...no wipe

And any directions on how to use this terminal emulator...i figured out how to get permission access but when I type lets say -cpuinfo it says not found...
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    nevermind got the scripts to work...but would def like to fix this boot problem...
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    correct but only before I rooted the phone...afterwards I just installed the ROM...no wipe
    So, to understand correctly, you:

1.) Wiped CACHE/DATA
    2.) Gained root access on a Verizon 2.0.1 ROM, via whatever method you chose
    2.) Placed BuglessBeast v1.1 onto the SD card's root directory and renamed it to update.zip (assuming you've flashed to SPRecovery)
    3.) Allowed for update.zip
    4.) Installed update.zip
    5.) Boot into BuglessBeast v1.1
    6.) Getting boot loops.

If this is the case, you've done it out of order, or rather, you've missed a step.

You need to wipe CACHE/DATA IMMEDIATELY BEFORE you install the update.zip. Essentially, if this is what you did, you installed BuglessBeast over the 2.0.1 ROM and hence you're having boot loops...they're kinda like froot loops but not as tasty.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links