DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: SetCPU Vs Petes V1.1 CPU script

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    Ok, I have BB 1.1 with the 1Ghz Kernel. I have SetCPU installed but the only profile I have enabled is the failsafe profile to put the CPU to 600Mhz and the Governor to powersave @ 55C.

I've noticed the only thing that gets my CPU anywhere near 55C is wireless tethering. Otherwise anything else I've done only gets it to 40-45C. Which is what I'd get at stock temps as well.

I know that Pete's BB disables SetCPU on boot - which is fine with me but if I ever start tethering I can manually downclock the CPU and/or at least have the Failsafe running.

Does that sound good?
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
    Ok, I have BB 1.1 with the 1Ghz Kernel. I have SetCPU installed but the only profile I have enabled is the failsafe profile to put the CPU to 600Mhz and the Governor to powersave @ 55C.

I've noticed the only thing that gets my CPU anywhere near 55C is wireless tethering. Otherwise anything else I've done only gets it to 40-45C. Which is what I'd get at stock temps as well.

I know that Pete's BB disables SetCPU on boot - which is fine with me but if I ever start tethering I can manually downclock the CPU and/or at least have the Failsafe running.

Does that sound good?
    I don't know if all the kernels disable setCPU on boot. Some of them do I believe, but not all (at least in BB 1.0). And yeah what you described is perfectly fine. After boot, if you open setCPU, that's what'll do the clocking. So you can downclock manually, or have a failsafe.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post

Does that sound good?
    BB does not disable setcpu in any way.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    Ah ok thanks for the info on that. Loving BB 1.1 - already flashed it on several of my friends/family's Droids. They all love it
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    theoriginalvic
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Will Pete's script still kill SetCpu on boot?
    Galaxy S4 - Stock (For now)
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happystranger View Post
    look up about 2 posts
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note 3
    That's what I originally thought - but was incorrect in assuming. Coming from Pete himself: "BB does not disable setcpu in any way."
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    theoriginalvic
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by jntowers View Post
    look up about 2 posts
    Aaahhh...got it thanks.
    Galaxy S4 - Stock (For now)
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    ok im a little confused here.....i download v1.1 from the rom manager with the 1ghz kernal. Running amazing. I didnt install set cpu. Everything is running great right now. However i see this talk of "petes script" What is the script? Should I run it? If I should do I do it just using terminal emulator? I'm not a complete noob but this part of roms and rooting is a little foreign. Thanks in advance
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1568 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    So I have been testing this ROM since launch and these are my thoughts.

Keep in mind this is the FIRST time I have ever used one of Pete's ROMS so I have no other versions to compare it to.

First off all the Developers here are fantastic. They all work VERY hard and come out with some amazing ROMS and theme's. I think Pete and ALL the developers deserve a great big thank-you. So Thank you Pete : )

So when I test ROMS I usually stick to what the developer suggests. If they say use a certain kernel (Bekit, P3, Chevy etc etc) I use it. If they say no need for this or that I follow the lead. Why? Because who knows the ROM better than the actual developer? No one : ) They built it. They know it inside and out

So in Pete's case he said "Let the ROM work for you" (no need for task killer's. Set CPU etc)

Now I'm a BIG believer in Set CPU. Have been using it since the beginning. Have custom profiles. Read up on Skull Ones EXCELLENT OC'ing guides (his new one will blow you away) so on and so forth. So Pete says there is no need for it. Let his script do it's thing. Fair enough......I will not downloaded it or use it.

I have to say this ROM is one of the most solid and battery friendly ROM's I have EVER used. There are some great ROMS out there that get some REALLY good battery life but I have not come across one that compares. I'm running the 1GHZ kernel and have yet to have a problem with heat, FC's, reboots..nothing.

I kill nothing and I do NOT use Set CPU as suggested and this thing runs stellar. I've been on phone calls, web, tapatalk, some texts. Unplugged since 7:45 am and I am at 90% battery / 90 F. I even run Live Wallpaper.

My suggestion is to listen to what the developer says and don't think you know more than them on how to get the ROM to run better. What works on one ROM will not work on another. This is a FACT. I've yet to use the same set-up on different ROMS and get similar results. I've sworn Bekits kernals were the only way to go only to find out that P3's worked MUCH better when I was on XYZ ROM only to find out that Chevy's were awesome when I used the ABC ROM.

If you are set in your ways and insist on using certain set-ups across the board you will lose (poor battery, heat, FC's, boot loops etc etc)

Get rid of Set CPU and find the kernel that gives you what you need and leave the ROM alone. It's made a certain way for a reason. Don't tinker with it and expect to get "better" results. It's a hard concept of giving up control but it will serve you better.

There are plenty of other ROMS that allow you total control over every aspect but this one, IN MY OPINION, is not one of them. It's VERY unique that way.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Links