DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: All my themes are the same?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

All my themes are the same?

I am brand new to rooting, so please go easy on me...=/

Just rooted yesterday and got BB v1 with 600 mhz 5 slot lv kernel by bekit.

It booted stock (transparent) theme at first, then i manually added smoked glass. after that, i tried manually putting on "Nextheme," but the main parts stayed as smoked glass. I think the icons may have changed.

Then i downloaded rom manager (premium) to try it that way. went into download rom, buglesss beast, 600 mhz 5 slot, then clicked the nex theme and it downloaded and did its thing and still booted to smoked glass...?

Do i need to put the stock google theme on first, then go to another theme? Or am I missing something?

3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR!
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Are the themes built specifically for that ROM? Some themes frameworks are different, and as for parts staying the same, maybe the theme you applied on top did not skin certain parts? That could be it?
    The Mooooooon!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    yea they're all specifically for the rom. i think you're right that the theme just didnt skin some parts and it just kept the one before it.

I was under the impression that nextheme had a nexus style launcher button with the squares but i think in the picture i saw of it the guy was using helix. not sure though...

is there anyway to completely de-skin it so i can try again?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Noogums View Post
    I am brand new to rooting, so please go easy on me...=/

Just rooted yesterday and got BB v1 with 600 mhz 5 slot lv kernel by bekit.

It booted stock (transparent) theme at first, then i manually added smoked glass. after that, i tried manually putting on "Nextheme," but the main parts stayed as smoked glass. I think the icons may have changed.

Then i downloaded rom manager (premium) to try it that way. went into download rom, buglesss beast, 600 mhz 5 slot, then clicked the nex theme and it downloaded and did its thing and still booted to smoked glass...?

Do i need to put the stock google theme on first, then go to another theme? Or am I missing something?
    When your switching themes i find it works best when you return to the stock theme before switching. The stock them is in the OP of the BB V1 thread. When you want to switch themes just download them of the bugless beast page, reboot into recovery , and install it. There's no need to reflash the whole rom to change themes. You don't need to move it or rename it when using clockwork recovery

Links