DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps2SD

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt

Apps2SD

Sorry guys, I know this will prob piss some people off. I keep trying to look for anything on this. I read somewhere else on this forum that it can only be used with Cyanogen and someone asked if it could be used with BB but no one answer. Im just trying to figure this all out still

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    I could be wrong, but I believe Cyanogen's Rom is the only one that supports Apps2sd at the moment.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ICSDX
    thats true. BB does not have apps2sd support, yet. Cyanogenmod roms are the only ones, so far. Hopefully the other devs will follow suit eventually because apps2sd is awesome. The apps load slightly slower but you can have many more apps. Especially since those 3d games take up so much freakin space!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ICSDX
    .....and without going into any stupid drama, Blackdroid's UltimateDroid new era roms also support apps2sd. So technically there are two roms that support this
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet444 View Post
    .....and without going into any stupid drama, Blackdroid's UltimateDroid new era roms also support apps2sd. So technically there are two roms that support this
    Oh, that didn't cross my mind. Makes sense it would. I highly recommend UD's ROMs and I will be using the New Era he made when icculusX get done with his theme.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpet444 View Post
    The apps2sd only works on one rom..... any rom using apps2sd is using the same source in order to do so. there are many rom's out there using apps2sd which are all using the same source for it to work.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    OMG no drama my a**. You wouldn't bring that up if you meant no drama. Leave it be. That is NOT what this thread is about.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Who wrote the code for Apps2SD support? How complex is it to integrate? I'm surprised nobody has found a way to add it to another ROM...
    Bugless Beast v0.6.2
    Slayher 1.2GHz LV
    Stone IRS Boot Logo
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    As other have said it only has been implemented by Cyanogen's ROM, some "remixes" of his ROM will obviously have it as well. This feature can be added to any ROM, but most devs try to stay away from it because of the instability and lack of performance it can cause (hence the reason why I am still contemplating it). The problem is that the sdcards that came with our droids are crap, that's why they were "free" Those with better sdcards that have faster read write speeds will not notice too much of a slowdown with this feature. Hope that clears some things up.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I am running apps2sd on cyanogen 5.0.7 test1 and I don't have any slowness problems running or launching my apps. Even large 20mb app like HomerunBattle 3D. I am also using the SD card that came with my droid.

Just chiming in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links