DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Questions about beast battery issues

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Questions about beast battery issues

i know answers and suggestions are in many threads i just dont have the head to look around for it right now

well ive been bouncing back and forth between roms because since the new beast came out i had bad battery life on it it was super quick though and i really want to use it since its been the rom ive always used

any ideas on what i can do to help with battery life

i like using setcpu so i have control over it and i can see whats happening and i need profiles because of the way i use my phone

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO droid
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    sorry to be a douche but like i said im sick and dont have the head to look through all of that can you point me in the direction of what exactly helped you
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO droid
    I am going to assume you are using the stock OC 600Mhz kernel and SetCPU. First things first. Unistall SetCPU and reboot in recovery and perform a backup. The download the 800 Mhz Bekit kernel that Pete suggests, wipe cache a couple of times and install that kernel. Reboot the phone and see how things go for a few days. There have been a few people with weird happenings using the 600 Mhz and also some strange happenings with SetCPU. Personally. Just follow Pete's suggestions and remove any task killer and SetCPU and let his ROM+Kernel do its' thing.

I have been running it now on day 3. So far w/ the 800 Mhz kernel I have seen better performance and much better battery life than with BB v.7 and Adamz 1Ghz LV kernel. YMMV but give it a shot and see how it works for ya.

credit to Darkseider.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnybgewd View Post
    I am going to assume you are using the stock OC 600Mhz kernel and SetCPU. First things first. Unistall SetCPU and reboot in recovery and perform a backup. The download the 800 Mhz Bekit kernel that Pete suggests, wipe cache a couple of times and install that kernel. Reboot the phone and see how things go for a few days. There have been a few people with weird happenings using the 600 Mhz and also some strange happenings with SetCPU. Personally. Just follow Pete's suggestions and remove any task killer and SetCPU and let his ROM+Kernel do its' thing.

I have been running it now on day 3. So far w/ the 800 Mhz kernel I have seen better performance and much better battery life than with BB v.7 and Adamz 1Ghz LV kernel. YMMV but give it a shot and see how it works for ya.

credit to Darkseider.

if i see no other alternvative i will try this..but when i was having the problem i was using the 1ghz belkit and also tried the ghz p3

Links