DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Post up some screen shots of your current BB setup!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by gszeman View Post
    ...now that I know how to do it...
    If you feel so inspired, you ought to write a method of how to do what you did. Looks great.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    Spent some time looking up PNG editing - it's a whole new world.... Adobe Photoshope LE layering pngs might be messing things up. It'd be great to find out how to do this dialer modding so I can add screenshots here as well. Willing to learn from the masters how to ride cornering the edges.... zoooooooooooommmmmm! Thanks.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Fusion View Post
    ...now that I know how to do it...
    If you feel so inspired, you ought to write a method of how to do what you did. Looks great.
    Thanks LF

Well, I basically followed what Jim #777 posted.

I think what I was doing wrong the first few times I tried it was I opened in the apk in 7-zip (correct), opened the res folder (correct), opened the drawable folder and clicked the files I wanted to edit and from there it opened in Paint.net, edited and saved the files. (wrong!!) I should have dragged the drawable folder to my desktop, edited the .png files, saved the files and then dragged the drawable folder back into the open 7-zip .apk. From there just put it back on your sdcard and use one of the many ways to push it to /system/app/.

I'm pretty stoked that I finally got it right...after a lot of trial and error. Thanks Jim #777! and everyone else who helped

I decided to see what I could do with MixZing...I think it turned out pretty good! I changed all of the music control icons to match DE, I changed the x and + for the dislike/like buttons to thumbs down/thumbs up. I changed the green notification icon to white, and for albums that are missing album art, I threw this little guy in there (I got the image from Google...if it is yours or you know who made it, let me know so I can get permission/give credit)

Rom: Codename Android 1.0.1
    Kernel: Imo's Lean Minimalistic Experimental

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    I should have dragged the drawable folder to my desktop, edited the .png files, saved the files...
    Q: when you drag the the drawable folder to desktop - do you drag out individual files from folder to desktop for editing? - or do you edit png files in the folder on your desktop?

Again no luck. Bak to apk for contact restore!!! At least this works. Maybe I'm editing the wrong files. Will try editing number keys to see at least if I can do this. If you don't mind my asking, what software do you use to edit png files? Make layers? This might make the big difference.....
    Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 05-25-2010 at 08:32 AM.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Re: Post up some screen shots of your current BB setup!

I should have dragged the drawable folder to my desktop, edited the .png files, saved the files...
    Q: when you drag the the drawable folder to desktop - do you then drag out individual files to desktop for editing? - or do you edit files in the folder?
    Light shining in the tunnel isn't the headlight of an oncoming train, but the entrance to a whole new world......
    No, all I did was right click and chose edit. For me, that opens Paint.NET. I would much rather use PhotoShop, but I need to reinstall it...it's all buggered up right now. Do the edits you want, save the file, when you finish just drag the folder back into the apk. Just make sure you don't change the pixel size...it doesn't like that!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Rom: Codename Android 1.0.1
    Kernel: Imo's Lean Minimalistic Experimental

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Fusion View Post
    Q: when you drag the the drawable folder to desktop - do you drag out individual files from folder to desktop for editing? - or do you edit png files in the folder on your desktop?

Again no luck. Bak to apk for contact restore!!! At least this works. Maybe I'm editing the wrong files. Will try editing number keys to see at least if I can do this. If you don't mind my asking, what software do you use to edit png files? Make layers? This might make the big difference.....
    Once the folder is on your desktop, it's just that. Open it and edit the files as if it had nothing to do with a phone. When you're done close it and drag the folder back in to the 7zip window.

I'm using photoshop CS4 and sometimes I "save for the web" and sometimes just "save as..." when saving the edits. The later usually saves as larger files.

I would like to add that the files you want to edit aren't going to work as easily as the others I've been doing. I have yet to get the text area or even the tabs to successfully change. I've done both in the Contacts.apk and the Phone.apk. You might just be biting off more than you (or many of us) can chew.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    [DIALER THEME] Droidinator BY ManigMa -

Jim #777 Here you can download ManigMa's contacts.apk for 2.1 - maybe you can see how he changed the text area pngs ....
    Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 05-25-2010 at 09:44 AM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    here are my screenshots.

NexBeast1.0.1 bekit kernel LV 7 Slot 1GHz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post up some screen shots of your current BB setup!-snap_shot7.png   Post up some screen shots of your current BB setup!-snap_shot6.png   Post up some screen shots of your current BB setup!-snap_shot5.png   Post up some screen shots of your current BB setup!-snap_shot4.png   Post up some screen shots of your current BB setup!-snap_shot3.png  

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid

Android user since Droid 1 launch.
    • Droid Razr Maxx (Current): Eclipse ICS v1.1
    • Droid Bionic (Wife's Current/My Previous): Eclipse v2.2
    • DroidX (Retired): Liberty3 v2.0
    • Droid 1 (Retired): Project Elite @ 1.25GHz SV
    "I can't wait to get it out of the box and void its warranty"