Using the kernel included with the ROM (Bekit or what not).
Did a full wipe of cache/memory/etc. before installing.
Backed up all my apps/widgets/etc.
A little bit about my configuration:
1. No animations. Lowest brightness setting. 30 second phone timeout (I often turn it off myself with the power button).
2. No live wallpaper
3. 2 widgets. Weather channel and SetCPU.
4. Absolutely nothing running in the background (besides HiAim, and the way Linux handles background programs which is exceptional).
This is a run-down of my battery after 30 minutes unplugged:
1. Display: 48% (No surprise)
2. Phone Idle: 18% (This is a surprise..."Time on" reports the full 30 minutes, or maybe 28-29, which is only a few less than the phone has been unplugged)
3. Cell Standby: 16% (Also surprising, although it hasn't listed a "time without signal" number yet, but it is also the same time as the unplugged time, or close. I am in an area with 4 bars, 3 at the least).
4. Android system: 8%
5. Android OS: 4%
6. Maps: 2%
7. Dialer: 2%
8: Weather channel: 2%
Conclusion: HiAim isn't even listed (or is below 2%). I don't remember #2 and #3 being anywhere near that high before installing this ROM. I noticed something was wrong when I went from 20% to 0% in about an hour and a half. I sent ONE text during this time and nothing else. That was a red flag, to me. I can barely make it through 8 hours of work using the phone conservatively.
Any ideas? Ways to check if the idle/standby is soaking up the battery and what to do about it? Thanks.