DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: Low batt. life - BB v1.0 1ghz Kernel

  1. Droid
    elninost0rm's Avatar
    Member #
    62842
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Low batt. life - BB v1.0 1ghz Kernel

    Hi all,

    Using the kernel included with the ROM (Bekit or what not).

    Did a full wipe of cache/memory/etc. before installing.

    Backed up all my apps/widgets/etc.

    A little bit about my configuration:

    1. No animations. Lowest brightness setting. 30 second phone timeout (I often turn it off myself with the power button).

    2. No live wallpaper

    3. 2 widgets. Weather channel and SetCPU.

    4. Absolutely nothing running in the background (besides HiAim, and the way Linux handles background programs which is exceptional).

    This is a run-down of my battery after 30 minutes unplugged:

    1. Display: 48% (No surprise)

    2. Phone Idle: 18% (This is a surprise..."Time on" reports the full 30 minutes, or maybe 28-29, which is only a few less than the phone has been unplugged)

    3. Cell Standby: 16% (Also surprising, although it hasn't listed a "time without signal" number yet, but it is also the same time as the unplugged time, or close. I am in an area with 4 bars, 3 at the least).

    4. Android system: 8%

    5. Android OS: 4%

    6. Maps: 2%

    7. Dialer: 2%

    8: Weather channel: 2%


    Conclusion: HiAim isn't even listed (or is below 2%). I don't remember #2 and #3 being anywhere near that high before installing this ROM. I noticed something was wrong when I went from 20% to 0% in about an hour and a half. I sent ONE text during this time and nothing else. That was a red flag, to me. I can barely make it through 8 hours of work using the phone conservatively.

    Any ideas? Ways to check if the idle/standby is soaking up the battery and what to do about it? Thanks.
    Last edited by elninost0rm; 05-07-2010 at 08:34 AM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    Darkseider's Avatar
    Member #
    46256
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,869
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    I am going to assume you are using the stock OC 600Mhz kernel and SetCPU. First things first. Unistall SetCPU and reboot in recovery and perform a backup. The download the 800 Mhz Bekit kernel that Pete suggests, wipe cache a couple of times and install that kernel. Reboot the phone and see how things go for a few days. There have been a few people with weird happenings using the 600 Mhz and also some strange happenings with SetCPU. Personally. Just follow Pete's suggestions and remove any task killer and SetCPU and let his ROM+Kernel do its' thing.

    I have been running it now on day 3. So far w/ the 800 Mhz kernel I have seen better performance and much better battery life than with BB v.7 and Adamz 1Ghz LV kernel. YMMV but give it a shot and see how it works for ya.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

    LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

    It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Droid Sensei
    JhankG's Avatar
    Member #
    250
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Summerfield, NC
    Posts
    3,098
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    Try a MV kernel. Some people have reported getting higher temperatures and less battery life with LV kernels.
  5. Droid
    elninost0rm's Avatar
    Member #
    62842
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Thanks for the tips guys.

    I'm actually using the 1.0 ghz Bekit kernel available through ROM Manager. Should I not be using RM? I'll try the 800 mhz kernel when I do a re-install this time around.
  6. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    #5
    its so hard to really tell cuz every phone is so different. i tried getting rid of setcpu and just using the 1GHz kernel and the phone was ridiculously fast, ridiculously cool temps, and ridiculously low battery life. At one point I had to charge twice in the same day. Then I got rid of the pete script, and put setCPU back on, and now I'm back to my normal 26-28 hrs of life without having to sacrifice the speed or the cool temps. But some people are having success with the pete script managing everything. It really just depends on your phone...
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  7. Senior Droid
    BoxcuttaStyle's Avatar
    Member #
    11179
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    139
    Twitter
    @ViolentRotation
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus!
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    its so hard to really tell cuz every phone is so different. i tried getting rid of setcpu and just using the 1GHz kernel and the phone was ridiculously fast, ridiculously cool temps, and ridiculously low battery life. At one point I had to charge twice in the same day. Then I got rid of the pete script, and put setCPU back on, and now I'm back to my normal 26-28 hrs of life without having to sacrifice the speed or the cool temps. But some people are having success with the pete script managing everything. It really just depends on your phone...
    How did you get rid of this script? I am running into the same issue w/ 1.0 and the bekit 1ghz kernel. My battery life is much worse than before the 2.0.1 update. I can't get through a day w/o charging it.
    “When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear"

    -- Mark Twain






  8. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxcuttaStyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    its so hard to really tell cuz every phone is so different. i tried getting rid of setcpu and just using the 1GHz kernel and the phone was ridiculously fast, ridiculously cool temps, and ridiculously low battery life. At one point I had to charge twice in the same day. Then I got rid of the pete script, and put setCPU back on, and now I'm back to my normal 26-28 hrs of life without having to sacrifice the speed or the cool temps. But some people are having success with the pete script managing everything. It really just depends on your phone...
    How did you get rid of this script? I am running into the same issue w/ 1.0 and the bekit 1ghz kernel. My battery life is much worse than before the 2.0.1 update. I can't get through a day w/o charging it.

    using root explorer navigate to /system/xbin, scroll down to the pete script, long press and delete. it's not a ROM required script, it's merely setting a min/max and governor.Same thing setcpu would do if you had that activated.
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  9. Droid
    elninost0rm's Avatar
    Member #
    62842
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    What is the name of the script in /xbin?
  10. Senior Droid
    BoxcuttaStyle's Avatar
    Member #
    11179
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    139
    Twitter
    @ViolentRotation
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus!
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxcuttaStyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    its so hard to really tell cuz every phone is so different. i tried getting rid of setcpu and just using the 1GHz kernel and the phone was ridiculously fast, ridiculously cool temps, and ridiculously low battery life. At one point I had to charge twice in the same day. Then I got rid of the pete script, and put setCPU back on, and now I'm back to my normal 26-28 hrs of life without having to sacrifice the speed or the cool temps. But some people are having success with the pete script managing everything. It really just depends on your phone...
    How did you get rid of this script? I am running into the same issue w/ 1.0 and the bekit 1ghz kernel. My battery life is much worse than before the 2.0.1 update. I can't get through a day w/o charging it.

    using root explorer navigate to /system/xbin, scroll down to the pete script, long press and delete. it's not a ROM required script, it's merely setting a min/max and governor.Same thing setcpu would do if you had that activated.
    The system won't allow me to delete that 'pete' file. I receive 'error deleting file'. I also still have setcpu installed. Did I miss something? Are we not supposed to use that w/this? If not how do we control cpu speeds?
    “When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear"

    -- Mark Twain






  11. Droid
    elninost0rm's Avatar
    Member #
    62842
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    38
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxcuttaStyle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxcuttaStyle View Post

    How did you get rid of this script? I am running into the same issue w/ 1.0 and the bekit 1ghz kernel. My battery life is much worse than before the 2.0.1 update. I can't get through a day w/o charging it.

    using root explorer navigate to /system/xbin, scroll down to the pete script, long press and delete. it's not a ROM required script, it's merely setting a min/max and governor.Same thing setcpu would do if you had that activated.
    The system won't allow me to delete that 'pete' file. I receive 'error deleting file'. I also still have setcpu installed. Did I miss something? Are we not supposed to use that w/this? If not how do we control cpu speeds?

    I use Root Explorer and mount r/w, which enables me to delete the script.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Blinking red LED - NOT LOW BATT
    By TheGopper in forum Motorola Milestone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 12:38 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
  3. I emailed Motorola About My Batt Cover......
    By therock in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 05:34 AM
  4. FCs & batt pulls at 2 weeks+ with any rom?
    By SoDroid in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 12:07 AM
  5. low batt help
    By hockeymack17 in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Search tags for this page

0-1ghz
,
1ghz droid kernel
,
1ghz kernel droid
,
1ghz kernel for droid
,
adamz 1ghz droid og
,
adamz 1ghz kernel
,
battery cooliris media android
,
com.cooliris.media android battery
,
com.cooliris.media battery
,
com.cooliris.media battery usage
,
com.cooliris.media using vattery
,

droid 1ghz kernel

,
kernel 1ghz for droid
,
lowbatt bb
,
what is batt life droid x2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+