DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 3G Bug - 1.0 BB

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

3G Bug - 1.0 BB

Hey all,

One thing I've noticed with the latest BB is that the 3G network will be disabled permanently on boot if you have WiFi enabled when powering down.

I've tried toggling into Airplane mode, but it makes no difference. Just thought I'd throw this bug out there.

Maybe it's just me.

Thanks.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by elninost0rm View Post
    Hey all,

One thing I've noticed with the latest BB is that the 3G network will be disabled permanently on boot if you have WiFi enabled when powering down.

I've tried toggling into Airplane mode, but it makes no difference. Just thought I'd throw this bug out there.

Maybe it's just me.

Thanks.
    Did you bother posting this in Pete's v1 thread so it can be addressed? That doesn't sound like something Pete would miss though so I'm wondering if there's not another conflict causing this. Regardless let Pete know so he can fix it.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Re: 3G Bug - 1.0 BB

Is it just missing the icon? The widow covers the 3g up but it still works. I just tried to duplicate this and can't. Maybe some more detailed information would help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Nope, it's the little "x" as to indicate there is no signal. opening up the notifications window also says "no service".

I'm at work, but I'll tinker with it more on breaks to see if I can duplicate. I was able to duplicate twice this morning, and 3G was restored if I turned off WiFi before rebooting.

Will let you know.
    Last edited by elninost0rm; 05-03-2010 at 08:29 AM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid, Galaxy Nexus
    I couldn't duplicate it either, unless I was already connected to a wireless network first. Upon restart it just connects to that network again. Once I turn wifi off it connects to the 3G network, as it should.
    mrZoSo
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I just tried it and my phone responds as it should. Shut down with wifi on, and upon boot, I turned wifi off and the 3G came right back.

Sounds like you might have an isolated problem. Try wiping and reinstalling maybe?
    In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they differ.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    i don't think BB V1 touches the radio...so I don't see how it could cause this.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO

Links