DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Wanted to say thanks.

Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Wanted to say thanks.

So I've tried just about every ROM out there over the past months since rooting. I've also tried countless themes as well. For some reason I never got around to yours.

Well for whatever reason every ROM I've tried has given me weird problems or quirks. My dialing has had delays, or delays when answering displaying my contacts and the incoming number. I've had lag issues. I've had left over Nexus menu items. I've had overheating. I've had horrible sound from my music apps. I've had weird signal reception and the list goes on. Now I know that others have had these and I also know that each phone seems to react differently to different ROMs. For me though it's always been settling on the lesser of the evils it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love everything the developers have done and are doing. I think the android community is awesome and I can't wait to see where it goes. In the end though I've always had those little pesky issues. Until now.

All I can say is thank you. So far this ROM has proven itself a perfect match for my phone. Yes it's not as flashy as some, but it runs. All those issues I listed above are non existent. I'm not saying I won't have something but I can say damn good job Pete.

Thanks from one happy Droid owner.

(and yes that means I'm donating lol)

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    I ran Pete's last ROM right after I rooted and I agree his just seem to work without some sort of issue small or large that I incur with other ROM's. Cyano 5.6.2 was running great on my phone until recently when I developed heat issues at random, themed with Jairomeo's Lemon Ice and I was extremely happy..until the heat. Maybe I should have completely wiped my phone and start again with Cyano but I wiped and wanted to try Pete's latest build...running VERY fast and no heat issues....now if someone can port over Jairomeo's or BGill's themes I think we will all be extremely happy.

Thanks Pete for another GREAT ROM!!
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

Android has the best developers!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepunkinator View Post
    So I've tried just about every ROM out there over the past months since rooting. I've also tried countless themes as well. For some reason I never got around to yours.

Well for whatever reason every ROM I've tried has given me weird problems or quirks. My dialing has had delays, or delays when answering displaying my contacts and the incoming number. I've had lag issues. I've had left over Nexus menu items. I've had overheating. I've had horrible sound from my music apps. I've had weird signal reception and the list goes on. Now I know that others have had these and I also know that each phone seems to react differently to different ROMs. For me though it's always been settling on the lesser of the evils it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love everything the developers have done and are doing. I think the android community is awesome and I can't wait to see where it goes. In the end though I've always had those little pesky issues. Until now.

All I can say is thank you. So far this ROM has proven itself a perfect match for my phone. Yes it's not as flashy as some, but it runs. All those issues I listed above are non existent. I'm not saying I won't have something but I can say damn good job Pete.

Thanks from one happy Droid owner.

(and yes that means I'm donating lol)
    X2 here. I have to say that Pete is one of the good guys on these forums. You can like the Blackdroid and other ROM's but when it comes to wanting to put something original and clean, runs smooth, and has great performance, go with Pete. I will be donating as well. I hope all the hard work he had to do to get V1 out will be worth it to him in the long run. I would like to see us donate enough to help him with his next semester of school.
    BB Froyo .4 w/ Nextheme
    Chevy's LV 7 slot kernel
    Former iphone user
    Former BB user
    Former Windows Mobile user
    DROID!!!!!

Links