DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: black ice clock?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

black ice clock?

Droid does.
    Last edited by mrcold; 04-30-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: cause it made me sound more stupider than i are
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'll try this again since my first post was kind of worded like a 9 year old wrote it, and I didn't even understand it upon rereading.

I'm currently running BB 2.1 (ESE81), Chevy's kernal at 1.0, and installed smoked glass...I ran into the problem of not being able to read the notification bar clock. I installed the round battery version because the screens all showed white text for the clock. Didn't fix it. So now I installed the black ice theme. I friggin love it, but the clock text is still black. Is that the way it should appear? Do I need to data/cache wipe and reinstall? Thanks for any help...and sorry to anyone who read my first post.

(if anyone knows of other cool themes that work with this rom, i'd love to change it up occasionally)
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    bgill55
    Phone
    D1,DX,N1,Tbolt, Bio,10.1tab
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcold View Post
    I'll try this again since my first post was kind of worded like a 9 year old wrote it, and I didn't even understand it upon rereading.

I'm currently running BB 2.1 (ESE81), Chevy's kernal at 1.0, and installed smoked glass...I ran into the problem of not being able to read the notification bar clock. I installed the round battery version because the screens all showed white text for the clock. Didn't fix it. So now I installed the black ice theme. I friggin love it, but the clock text is still black. Is that the way it should appear? Do I need to data/cache wipe and reinstall? Thanks for any help...and sorry to anyone who read my first post.

(if anyone knows of other cool themes that work with this rom, i'd love to change it up occasionally)

you need to edit the service.jar to change the clock color you can check out my black ice theme in team Chaos section do get an idea!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
    you need to edit the service.jar to change the clock color you can check out my black ice theme in team Chaos section do get an idea!
    Thanks for the input. I didn't even get to try it, though. Before I did anything, started to get FC on incoming calls, then anytime I tried to make calls. Though I love the appearance of black ice, I guess it's prolly not worth it if my phone isn't a phone anymore... bummer. :/
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcold View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bgill55 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I didn't even get to try it, though. Before I did anything, started to get FC on incoming calls, then anytime I tried to make calls. Though I love the appearance of black ice, I guess it's prolly not worth it if my phone isn't a phone anymore... bummer. :/
    I had this exact same problem. Loved the look though. Especially the market app's, you are definitely right about not being able to use the phone for a phone. Shoot, I would have just stayed with the i-phone if that was what I needed.
    BB Froyo .4 w/ Nextheme
    Chevy's LV 7 slot kernel
    Former iphone user
    Former BB user
    Former Windows Mobile user
    DROID!!!!!

Links