DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BB on ESE81?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

BB on ESE81?

I have been running BB v0.8 (ESE53 2.1ROM) with Pete's Smoked Glass Theme & ChevyNo1's 1.0GHz Kernel for weeks now. I Love it & dont want to loose any features I now have that the stock 2.1 would have me do without... (tethering, overclocking, etc...)

I'm Hoping Pete (I think thats who writes BB) is working on a ROM with all the bells & whistles of 0.8, but on the ESE81 platform, with maybe an easy-to-follow "how to" guide by someone like Matth3w

Thanks Bugless Beast & Matth3w...Im guessing im not the only one itchin for an update

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes View Post
    I have been running BB v0.8 (ESE53 2.1ROM) with Pete's Smoked Glass Theme & ChevyNo1's 1.0GHz Kernel for weeks now. I Love it & dont want to loose any features I now have that the stock 2.1 would have me do without... (tethering, overclocking, etc...)

I'm Hoping Pete (I think thats who writes BB) is working on a ROM with all the bells & whistles of 0.8, but on the ESE81 platform, with maybe an easy-to-follow "how to" guide by someone like Matth3w

Thanks Bugless Beast & Matth3w...Im guessing im not the only one itchin for an update
    I've been running .9 for a while now and I have it JUST the way I LOVE IT!!! I hope there will be an update with ESE81 soon that will let me keep things the way they are but just upgrade what's needed. I know that pete is working on something (he always is) I just can't wait
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Pete is gearing up for a BB v1.0 release VERY soon. He and his team of beta testers are running it through its' paces. He has not released specifics yet but is now endorsing ROM Manager PRO and Clockwork Recovery and suggests setting those up prior to installing BB v1.0 when it is released.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Will we still be able to get it if we use SPRecovery?
    >^,,^<
    www.opalcat.com (barcode below)

Droid 3, free custom icons

NEW! Test my new free Bubble Wrap App! Feedback in this thread.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid...of course
    Heres petes thread on version1.0
    [WIP] V1 Information......
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Pete is gearing up for a BB v1.0 release VERY soon. He and his team of beta testers are running it through its' paces. He has not released specifics yet but is now endorsing ROM Manager PRO and Clockwork Recovery and suggests setting those up prior to installing BB v1.0 when it is released.
    Better be an SPrecovery option that's supported as well because there is no way I am installing Clockwork on my phone for bugless beast. If you're going to resort to installing Clockwork and buying Rom Manager PRO then you'd be doing yourself a huge disservice to not simply use Cyanogen.

edit: "you do NOT have to switch to Koush's Clockwork recovery, it just makes it a little easier to install, in other words, you will have to manually update, or rename a file to update.zip yourself."

An update.zip is not acceptable, we need a nandroid. A data/cache wipe and fresh install is ALWAYS better.
    Last edited by Riddick; 04-02-2010 at 11:08 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddick View Post
    Better be an SPrecovery option that's supported as well because there is no way I am installing Clockwork on my phone for bugless beast.
    Based on the threads I've seen, I am not willing to switch to Clockwork, either.
    >^,,^<
    www.opalcat.com (barcode below)

Droid 3, free custom icons

NEW! Test my new free Bubble Wrap App! Feedback in this thread.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    What's wrong with clockwork? I have it and used it to install BB 0.9. Works flawlessly.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jrl9851 View Post
    What's wrong with clockwork? I have it and used it to install BB 0.9. Works flawlessly.
    SPRecovery works perfectly and is fine. Clockwork has bugs, some people have no problems but for others it's a hassle.

My real issue with Clockwork is that it's completely unnecessary, SPRecovery works and is stable... no one has problems with it. Why switch to a more temperamental recovery method that offers no benefits when the one we already have is perfectly fine?

If the main rom builders decide to shift the majority of their support to Clockwork then we have no choice but to switch. It's not like Clockwork is horrible, it's just not ideal. However if you're forced into switching then you should use Cyanogen(the reasons are obvious).
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    What are those obvious reasons for using cyanogen? I tried it and didn't like it. My battery life suffered and the launcher was really choppy with cyanogen.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links