DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't Unencrypt Data on VZW Galaxy Nexus Running BB for Toro

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus

Can't Unencrypt Data on VZW Galaxy Nexus Running BB for Toro

I have a VZW Galaxy Nexus (Toro). I am running the August 7 build of Bugless and CWM recovery. In order to access my work email, I am required to use encryption on my phone and thus, after loading the ROM, I had to encrypt to access my work account. No, I am unable to mount my SD card using CWM and get an error everytime I try to load anything from the SD card. Thus, I decided to try and factory wipe the device, but it won't let me because of the encryption. Neither the factory reset option in "Settings" nor the wipe/factory reset in CWM works. When I was running stock, there was an option to unencrypt the data on the phone that I used before flashing Bugless, but that doesn't appear to be available in "Settings" in the Bugless build. Anyone have a way to go back to de-encrypt so that I can start fresh?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Hello dbchicago,

Have you tried rolling your device back to stock? Pete has some software images for doing just that.

Here is the link for toro:
    Toro - Downloads

Look for Software Images on that page. I hope that helps you regain the option to unencrypt your data.

Vince
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Vincent, thanks so much for the response. That's precisely what I'm trying to do and I have the images downloaded to my computer for that purpose. Unfortunately, when I've tried to load them and roll back to stock, once I've loaded the files to my device, I can't access the SD card to flash them. Is there a way to roll back to stock without accessing the SD card? (as a note, It's confusing to me that all instructions say access the SD cad because the device doesn't have an SD card slot, just the on-board memory) . Also. I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a novice at this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dbchicago View Post
    Vincent, thanks so much for the response. That's precisely what I'm trying to do and I have the images downloaded to my computer for that purpose. Unfortunately, when I've tried to load them and roll back to stock, once I've loaded the files to my device, I can't access the SD card to flash them. Is there a way to roll back to stock without accessing the SD card? (as a note, It's confusing to me that all instructions say access the SD cad because the device doesn't have an SD card slot, just the on-board memory) . Also. I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a novice at this.
    You flash those images through fastboot. You don't put them on your SD card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.

Links