DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Error when attempting to build Bugless Beast 4.1.X from source.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Error when attempting to build Bugless Beast 4.1.X from source.

Basically, I want to know how to build Bugless Beast from source. I really would like to hear from anyone that has successfully built and flashed their own Bugless Beast ROM from the source provided at Peter Alfonso's developers link.

I think there is something different about my development environment that is causing a make error. I'm not sure but maybe this error has something to do with Sun Java versus Open Java. I'm using Sun Java version 6.

I have successfully built and flashed many AOSP ROM versions following the instructions on Google's developer page. But I get a make error when trying to build Bugless Beast.

Here's the details of the build error preceded by a couple extra lines of compiler/make output for context:
    Import includes file: out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libdynamic_annotations-host_intermediates/import_includes
    Export includes file: external/valgrind/dynamic_annotations/Android.mk -- out/host/linux-x86/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libdynamic_annotations-host_intermediates/export_includes
    make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/common/obj/APPS/Gallery2_intermediates/classes.jar', needed by `out/target/common/obj/APPS/CameraTests_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar'. Stop.
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

What does it mean? Any ideas anyone?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Wow. 100+ views but no replies yet. I think it would help if I listed the commands I am using to build the code:

$ source ./build/envsetup.sh
    $ lunch
    $ make -j16

And that's it. These are the standard commands for building AOSP per Google's instructions. Then within about a minute the make error happens as described above.

I setup my build environment following Google's instructions for AOSP. But I am guessing there's something different about build environments for building Bugless Beast. What is it?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Hello again. To encourage replies to my first post in this thread I thought I would clarify what I mean by build or development environment and how I build AOSP (Android Open Source Project) to create my own ROMs.

I followed Google's instructions given here under the Getting Started section:
    Get Involved | Android Open Source

Hopefully that says it all. This has worked well for me and I have successfully built and flashed froyo, gingerbread, and ics ROMs from the development environment described by Google.

Unfortunately my development environment does not build Bugless Beast 4.1.X but instead I get a make/build error as described above. So I think there is something missing from my development environment.

Again I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has successfully built there own Bugless Beast 4.1.X ROM from source code available at Peter Alfonso's developers link here:
    Peter Alfonso: Bugless Beast 4.1.X Jelly Bean

Many thanks to Peter for his excellent work. And many thanks to anyone who replies.

Vince
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    This is either too long, unclear, or posted in the wrong place. There's too much talent here for this be neglected.

I will shorten it, make it more direct, and interesting perhaps, and post it again. But where?

Links