DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    If using that method, SBF'ing and everything, won't that erase the recovery? so how would you flash a custom ROM?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    jcardona, Joebro, you are quite welcome. I have talked to Pete and when ICS releases I am going to try to get his help on doing this process better to begin with, and from a forensics point of view (my background). I want a more exacting scientific procedure to what we put our phones through... with no more magic tricks of how to fix them. I want answers as to how this silly little procedure wipes away old gunk so we can build a better tool to do it in the first place and everytime. It just doesnt make sense.

Help Petey Pete get his phone!!!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    Plague1001
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mwahlquist View Post
    Plague,
    There were some issues with that on some of Pete's older ROM's, most reported that a single reboot would fix the issue, or that it would only happen once. It could be a clocking thing. Gingerbread was meant for phones that had many more ponies than og droid. Pete did an amazing thing by pushing these sets of ROMs out, but keep in mind you are trying to run Gingerbread on half the processor and half the RAM that was intended. That's why Moto didn't even bother updating.
    Bump your clock up.

A second thing. I never had any luck dipping my lower clock region down. Things like this would happen because the phone wouldn't "wake up" fast enough. Just a thought.

I try to at least be 600-1k range.
    IF I hadn't already been using Pete 2.3.5 ROM before I went back to stock with these steps, I would agree with you that it might just not work. It was working just fine before, and I really liked it better then 2.2.2
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Giving this a shot....FYI, the wrong link for FRG22D is included...You need the .sbf file - browse Pete's Sholes' file section and download the FRG22D.sbf under the SBF files section.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Kodiak - you are correct. The post has been edited with the correct link now. Thanks.

meishkov - yes, this goes ALL the way back to stock, requiring you to unroot, re-root, install recovery, etc. The point is that somewhere along our wiping/installing new ROMs we are corrupting our phones over the long haul. Replicating the original process back to stock seems to fix some issues for several people now, but so far it is unexplainable.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague1001 View Post
    IF I hadn't already been using Pete 2.3.5 ROM before I went back to stock with these steps, I would agree with you that it might just not work. It was working just fine before, and I really liked it better then 2.2.2
    I am confused. So you lost the speaker in the process of doing this... try again? Errors in copying bits happen. If it is a real hardware failure and it was just the timing, nothing can be done. This process replaces ALL of the handsets software, so if doing this back to stock again doesn't fix your speaker, then you are the victim of horribly timed hardware failure.

As someone else suggested, it might be a good idea to clean up the SD card as well.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'd like to add my name to the list of people having success with this process. After SBF'ing, rerooting, reflashing CW recovery, I reloaded a custom GB rom (SS 5.6) that had been very choppy and laggy earlier in the day. To my surprise, the phone felt like new after following this process. I actually made it 10 hours with the device before I realized I had forgot to overclock! Needless to say it flies even more now. Thanks for the heads up on this process. I would still love to know what component is not actually being properly wiped in custom recovery to cause this. Almost seems like extreme disk fragmentation or something. Very weird.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I'm going to have to try this sometime soon. Just need to back up some apps that are no longer on the marketplace (NFS I'm looking at you )
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    This is absolutely cash money. I was getting so frustrated with my OG....back to how it should be. Thank you very much!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Ok, so I'm definitely interested in trying this but I have one question. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the effect this has whether I use RSD Lite and SBF to return to stock or if I use the "no computer" method in this thread? Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only It would be really nice to use that method (yes I know I still need RSD or something to re-root), I just don't know if it would have the same effect. Either way I'm trying this tonight (probably full RSD way) because even after the latest SS 5.6 I'm still getting nasty lag in some games (AB Seasons I'm looking at you).
    AOKP M3 - Stock Kernel
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links