DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [ROM STABLE] Gingerbread Android 2.3.5 Build GPA17

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID1 (OG)
    Does this release come with the new "v.04" kernel??
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Use root explorer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Okay...thanks!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    a955, a855
    Quote Originally Posted by DG33 View Post
    Does this release come with the new "v.04" kernel??
    As Far As I Know the only way to get Pete's newest kernels is to install his latest GPA17 build.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Env Touch
    Im still on GPA14, can I upgrade straight to this build with just the standard wipes of cache/data or do I need to do anything else?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmark27 View Post
    Im still on GPA14, can I upgrade straight to this build with just the standard wipes of cache/data or do I need to do anything else?
    Yes, just wipe cache and dalvik-cache and then install and you should be good to go.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid, Froyo

Voice Navigation Returned...

I had posted in the beta testers thread that voice navigation wasn't working. It came back on its own after one of my restarts.

Overall, the 8/19 GPA17 has been the most reliable GB ROM I have had on my D1. I tried several others and had actually gone back to Sapphire (Froyo) thinking the hardware limitations and heavy memory usage of GB would never work on this phone. Issues such as messaging and email getting garbage collected and basically "off" with no warning are not present on this ROM. I really only use my phone for email, messaging, calls, tethering, navigation, music, videos, camera, and internet browsing. I'm rarely on wifi, and have less than a dozen apps (For those wondering what things are "stable" for me). Battery life is as good or better than some other ROMs, and I am a moderate user. Btw, I can run wifi tether all day in bluetooth mode with my Asus Transformer, and see little to no difference in battery performance, whereas the wifi radio tether seems to suck battery life no tomorrow.

Kudos for delivering a premier GB experience for the D1, you saved me from buying the D3 (not unlocked yet I think).

Do I have to wipe data/cache coming from 8/19 nightly?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    a955, a855
    I've been upgrading via nightlies and stables since GPA14, I have not done a full wipe at all (well, one time, but it didn't solve the issue so I reverted to my backup cuz it had all my apps n whatnot).
    That being said, the only wipe I have done is cache & I haven't done a full backup since 6/23 and everything runs great.
    Don't take my word for it, I recomend everyone 3x wipe and clean out your SD once a month but....
    If you don't mind possibly having to 3x wipe anyway, go ahead and backup and wipe cache then install sholes.zip
    Worst case scenario you have to wipe.

PROTIP: Use Titanium Backup to remove Videos, you can purchase them all day long but you cannot watch them if you are rooted.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I don't know where the 3x wipe thing came from... I'd really like to know though... I have never wiped more than once, and in the 15 months I've had my phone, I've never wiped SD.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    a955, a855
    Quote Originally Posted by SlammedDime View Post
    I don't know where the 3x wipe thing came from... I'd really like to know though... I have never wiped more than once, and in the 15 months I've had my phone, I've never wiped SD.
    I'm not real sure either, but I do know that at one point while playing with LGB and CM6 my wipes didn't actually wipe, I believe this is when I was using an older recovery. 3.1.0.2 has worked great ever since I installed it, no random reboots, no inability to access SD card, I just wish I could figure out why Clockword Mod will only let me download oooooold 2.5.X versions, so weird...sorry, got a lil' off track there.

Also, the only reason I mention SD is because many people forget that uninstalled apps can leave garbage data on your SD, so I'm not recommending wiping of SD, just regular upkeep which can be done via PC or a file manager utility from the Android.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA, D1
    Like 17 with Swapper2.

Is there a way to add number read out to the battery icon in the status bar by modifying the ROM our by adding an app?
    Last edited by martytoo; 09-01-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    No electrons were destroyed in the posting of this message.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Links