DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I don't want ads.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    PetRiLJoe
    Phone
    Chevy01's SS 5.4* blue theme.

I don't want ads.

Why was the no ads script removed from Bugless Beast? Is there an option to turn it back on?

I'm not referring to AdFree from the market.

I don't want ads in apps either, like Chevy01's ROM.
    It used to be supported by Peter's ROM, seems that is not so anymore.

Can someone post more information on this? I searched this subforum specifically for "no ads" and "ads" but found no matches.

I understand ads are sometimes the only way some developers gain profit. I also understand that there are a few apps with ads that are getting worse and worse everyday, full page ads are already rediculous on my computer, that doesn't make a good excuse to see them on my mobile phone. I have the ability to turn ads on and off at my discretion on my other ROM, as I do with my firefox browser with all my addons enabled. I want that choice back in Bugless Beast.
    -Joseph

It has been brought to my attention that I don't meet the requirements to post my dropbox referral link in my signature. Also it's against our forum rules...
    So if you're interested, ask me about my Dropbox referral link.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PetRiLJoe View Post
    Why was the no ads script removed from Bugless Beast? Is there an option to turn it back on?

Can someone post more information on this? I searched this subforum specifically for "no ads" and "ads" but found no matches.

I understand ads are sometimes the only way some developers gain profit. I also understand that there are a few apps with ads that are getting worse and worse everyday, full page ads are already rediculous on my computer, that doesn't make a good excuse to see them on my mobile phone. I have the ability to turn ads on and off at my discretion on my other ROM, as I do with my firefox browser with all my addons enabled. I want that choice back in Bugless Beast.
    download adfree app from the market
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    PetRiLJoe
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by peteralfonso View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PetRiLJoe
    Please don't waste my time. I stated this in the post above.
    If you were going to suggest something I specifically stated I was NOT referring to, I can only assume you read the first two questions and skipped everything else in the post.
    -Joseph

It has been brought to my attention that I don't meet the requirements to post my dropbox referral link in my signature. Also it's against our forum rules...
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE

If you were going to suggest something I specifically stated I was NOT referring to, I can only assume you read the first two questions and skipped everything else in the post.
    As far as I know most "no ads" scripts and even the adfree app doesn't work much at all anymore...the advertisers are getting smart... dunno if that helps but that could be why- Pete might not have a script that works well anymore so it'd be kinda useless

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    if u dont want an answer like the first one just ask Pete himself that may get your answer faster.
    Edit: I didnt see that Pete himself answered the question there u have it by his answer ill take it that there is no script and if there is its useless at his point.
    Last edited by cjreyes666; 08-01-2011 at 12:01 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    PetRiLJoe
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    As far as I know most "no ads" scripts and even the adfree app doesn't work much at all anymore...the advertisers are getting smart... dunno if that helps but that could be why- Pete might not have a script that works well anymore so it'd be kinda useless

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Great thanks for the response.
    I have not had much luck with the adfree app myself, even after adding my OWN host file edited from my computer. I seem to get less in-application adds when using SS 5.4, and was wondering if I should credit it to the Ad Block script included or not. Perhaps it's something to do with my programs, perhaps it's not and it's part of the ROM. Either way, I like that it's included as an option within ChevyTools and wanted it back in my other favorite ROM, Bugless Beast. I like the script that quickly turns ads on and off rather than downloading AdFree from the market. It's obviously something Pete doesn't plan on supporting in the future because his response was to simply download AdFree.

Can't say I didn't try though.

Thanks all.
    -Joseph

8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member

I didn't see your first reply, basically what you want is to take the "hosts" file that this app installes and place it in the /system/etc folder of the rom, this will give you no ads with no additional app installed.

Links