DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I unroot to exchange Droid?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!

How can I unroot to exchange Droid?

Droid Micro USB port is loose - won't charge. Have pblms getting over 5% charge. See here. Now Droid charge won't last at all.

How can I unroot to exchange Droid? Droid must be super clean or Verizon will charge full price if they determine phone was rooted. Option - buy standalone battery charger.
    Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 07-03-2011 at 11:17 PM.
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    If you can get it charged just sbf back to stock. Pete has the .sbf for that.
    If you can't charge it you can try flashing to an older froyo ROM and see if z4root will unroot or superoneclick.

sent from somewhere...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    If you can get it charged just sbf back to stock. Pete has the .sbf for that.
    Used different USB cables and got charge happening. Charging slowly - 50% after several hours. Battery is possibly going bad. Original Droid. Need to get replacement battery. Any suggestions? Right now - if I can get the USB port to hold the USB cable the right way - all will be ok. Love this Droid and Bugless Beast.

Searched the net - found these:
    - Pete's .sbf back to stock
    - Instructions on how to get the Droid back to unrooted

Reading up fast. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. If I do have to unroot to excahnge phone, will phone be clean after? Any trace of being rooted? Pete suggests using RSDLite. Input / advice welcomed!! Hardware pblm - VZ ought to replace phone rooted or not. My 4 cents.
    Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 07-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    If you connect the phone to the PC, will it see it? I just bought a bricked Droid for $20 and all I had to do was sfb back to 2.2, I don't think you need the battery in there to do it. If you can get it to connect, and maybe just hold the cable the right way, you might be able to sfb back to stock.
    Good Luck
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Am I the only one who thinks ahead when I go to root my phone? I thought it would be common sense to research how to unroot and flash stock while learning how to root.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. DHO
    Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You may have several problems

You need a working USB and you need some charge to the battery
    But this is how you do it
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...t-ikithme.html
    GNex: AXI0M 2.4 with Nova Launcher and custom theme @ 1.2GHz
    RIP: Droid GPA18 2.3.7 with LauncherPro Plus and custom theme @ 1.0GHz
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyg562000 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks ahead when I go to root my phone? I thought it would be common sense to research how to unroot and flash stock while learning how to root.
    Totally agree. So much energy goes into rooting a phone - breaking through that fear to the adventure of controlling your Droid with the amazing roms of developers like Peter Alfanzo / Bugless Beast - that a mechanical failure isn't anywhere on the hoirizon until it's dagger strikes.

Lost use of USB port. Gently nudging different USB cables doesn't get battery up charging anymore. Again possibly battery is dying. BP6x.

Bought external charger / replacement BP6X Battery. I'll have a working Droid. Have to access Droid via card reader (with adapter - which I already have). Don't think I can use RSDlite here. How can you unroot without USB connection? Good to know anyway. Input here welcome.

Just found out from VZ - if I activate a backup cell (not a Droid) I lose my 30.00 unlimited data plan. Can't do that. Also, if I suspend my plan, NE2 gets pushed back. No activating backup phone! No cell for now, in a few days, I'll have an ext batt charger / "new" batt for the Droid.

NE2 kicks in about the same time Droid Bionic is supposed to arrive - mid July. Take it from there.
    Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 07-03-2011 at 01:23 AM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    Video -

Micro Port Repair - Things to consider

- Ebay - USB Port Repair Service - 50.00 + Shipping (to them) - Good Solid Feedback / 2000 miles away (AZ - NYC)
    - Portatronics - USB Repair - (99.00+14.50) = 114.50 - NYC repair stores / easy to get to / one year warranty of their work
    - Insurance - 100.00 deductable (lost Phone) - might send me a different model - love Droid 1

Too bad there's no video / DIY description - showing exactly how to replace / test a broken and /or loose Moto Droid Micro USB Port.
    I'm sure I can take apart a Droid from the video. How to attach / test the new micro usb port might be a different story.
    Last edited by Liquid Fusion; 07-03-2011 at 01:24 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid!
    If you can't charge it you can try flashing to an older froyo ROM and see if z4root will unroot or superoneclick.
    All ears.

Getting Droid ext battery / ext battery charger. How can I unroot with a charged battery - but no USB port?

z4root will unroot or superoneclick - here goes Google search!!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    You could alway sell your Droid for parts on ebay, and then buy a used one. The difference won't be much, and you'll still have a working phone. I know it's not what you asked, but the OG is really cheap on eBay.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links