DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: [ROM BETA TESTERS ONLY] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.4 Build GPA16

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
    I see what you are saying. I'll try 800 for the rest of the day and see if the missed call ad sms notifications are more reliable.
    just to clarify LED notifications for SMS and email and low battery seem to be working properly but missed call still doesn't seem to work but i wouldn't think these issues would be kernel related ( but what do i know). i posted to say that the 3g/wifi connectivity and the phonecall vibrate issues seem to resolved with my current setup.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR2
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeezmoeBrown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
    I see what you are saying. I'll try 800 for the rest of the day and see if the missed call ad sms notifications are more reliable.
    just to clarify LED notifications for SMS and email and low battery seem to be working properly but missed call still doesn't seem to work but i wouldn't think these issues would be kernel related ( but what do i know). i posted to say that the 3g/wifi connectivity and the phonecall vibrate issues seem to resolved with my current setup.
    agreed. missed calls and the Google Voice notifications
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Drooooiiiid

Pete's been busy!

Sir Pete,

I admit it, I've gotten hooked on GPA16 for my D1 (working very nicely overall and quite zippy!), and my curiosity is now driving me to keep an eye on your github commits. My my, but you've been a very busy boy the last few days! I mean, it looks to me like you've probably made more commits in the week following the 7/8 build than you made in the prior two months or so...

I can't help wondering how much of this week's work will make it into the next GPA16 build for D1, since a good portion of it is clearly targeted towards other devices (e.g. FFC tweaks). On the other hand some of it (e.g. audio library changes, efficiency tweaks, bugfixes) could well apply to my beloved D1, and I'm just not smart enough to tell.

Any comments on this flurry of activity, and where you're taking GPA16?

And now, back to the 3G/Wifi discussion for a minute...

I've got excellent 3g coverage here so I don't have the situation the subway riders have, and I turn on wifi with a very strong signal as soon as I get home. I've been a Dolphin HD fan for a long time, but their recent 5.1 update has been terrible* - it drags the phone to a crawl so badly that when the FC/WAIT dialog finally pops up you have to hold the FC button for several seconds just to get it to register the keypress. Well, when this happened to me last night I noticed that both the wifi and signal bars on the status bar had gone white, where they'd both been green just seconds before. When I finally got Dolphin to die they both stayed white until I turned airplane mode on and off. This isn't the first time something like this happened to me with GPA16, it's just the first time I've sat down and thought about it for a minute because Dolphin 5.1 has been so bad I've mostly been using the stock browser.

If I recall correctly the whiteout of the icons has only happened to me when Dolphin has bogged the phone down almost to the point of lockup, never when using the stock browser or reading e-mail, etc. Since the loss of the wifi and network radios in this case seems to be related to CPU starvation, I'll add that I'm using your interactive governor with the max set to 700.

* BTW folks, I discovered today that Dolphin posted a 5.1.1 beta to their blog a few days ago, and so far it seems to behave much better.

EDIT: Never mind about the Dolphin beta - it did the exact same thing to me again last night, again causing the radio status indicators to go white until I killed it. I let the radios recover on their own this time and they went green again in a matter of seconds.
    Last edited by Bizarrox; 07-14-2011 at 06:38 AM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Been running the 7/10 build for a couple days and must say this is the best my D1 phone has ever run. Haven't encountered a single problem yet, it's running so smooth like I got a hardware upgrade or something. This will hold me over until Bionic or Galaxy S2 hit Verizon. Thanks a lot Pete, you're the man!!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Installed the 7/10 build yesterday and the 1ghz SV v3 kernal... running great! No issues so far.. best my phone has run in a long time... I think a lot of my sluggishness with other GPA16 builds came from using the LV kernals instead. I think this should hold me over until Im eligible for upgrade in sept (bionic or s2 hopefully) Thanks Pete!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I did just notice one small issue. A couple of the built in ring tones, digital phone and phone, will only ring one time when someone calls, all others seems to work fine. Has this been fixed for the final build or can anyone else see if this happens for them with the 7-10 build? Thanks!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola A855
    gpa16 released:
    Peter Alfonso
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 Cricket Wireless
    The only bug I've seen with the final GPA16 has also shown up in older builds of GPA. It's the WIFI issue. Basically for no apparent reason the WIFI icon will remain at the top but I will be unable to access the internet. I can access my local shared files on my computers but the connection to the internet gets dropped. I have to toggle the WIFI off/on to make it work again. Since I have the WIFI sleep policy set to never the WIFI stays on as long as I have it turned on. I'm running GPA16 on two Droid 1 devices and have seen this bug on both devices. Sometimes it occurs multiple times a day. I don't know if it's a driver issue, a kernel issue, or just something with the DNS but it's a bit annoying.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    The only thing I've really noticed is that not all of my pictures will show up in my gallery. I have 7 folders and only 3 show up in the gallery.

*Update* Just went to my gallery and all my files are being shown now. Kinda odd at first all wouldn't show.
    Last edited by Patriotvirus; 07-15-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    Droid Bionic
    .242 Leak
    Safestrap 2.11
    Tormented Killr cm10
    Launcher: Apex/Nova Launcher

10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    OG DROID stock GB GPA16 1.2ghz
    With less then 24 hours of using GPA16, i have run into the incoming call bug twice, and 3 times when i press the lock button, the screen WILL not come back on unless i do a battery pull. 3 times the phone has froze (not even using anything that takes up a lot of memory) and has then rebooted from the droid eye, skipping the "M" logo. I did come from GPA15 and i wiped dalvik cache, but other then that this is a pretty fast and SMOOTH rom
    Last edited by Max_an_android_lover; 07-15-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Links