DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else having issues with Dialer in GPA14

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Anybody else having issues with Dialer in GPA14

I've been having some strange problems with the Dialer app in GPA14. This actually started with earlier GPA builds:
    1. If I have my phone set to vibrate, about 1/3 of the time when I answer a call, the phone doesn't stop vibrating. When this happens, the only way to recover is to pull the battery. To get around this, I have my phone set to not vibrate during incoming calls, and I just set the ringer volume way down at work (not ideal, but acceptable for now).
    2. Today, I answered my phone at work, and even though the 'Speaker' indicator was off, the caller was essentially on speakerphone. This was embarrassing because it was a personal call and a lot of my coworkers could hear the first few things that the caller said. I quickly pressed 'End' and called back, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem since.

Has anybody else experienced any of these problems? Have you found a solution? Can I revert to an older version of the Dialer app from a BB Froyo ROM? I'm wondering if that might fix the problems.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
    I've been having some strange problems with the Dialer app in GPA14. This actually started with earlier GPA builds:
    1. If I have my phone set to vibrate, about 1/3 of the time when I answer a call, the phone doesn't stop vibrating. When this happens, the only way to recover is to pull the battery. To get around this, I have my phone set to not vibrate during incoming calls, and I just set the ringer volume way down at work (not ideal, but acceptable for now).
    2. Today, I answered my phone at work, and even though the 'Speaker' indicator was off, the caller was essentially on speakerphone. This was embarrassing because it was a personal call and a lot of my coworkers could hear the first few things that the caller said. I quickly pressed 'End' and called back, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem since.

Has anybody else experienced any of these problems? Have you found a solution? Can I revert to an older version of the Dialer app from a BB Froyo ROM? I'm wondering if that might fix the problems.
    Didn't experience any of those problems myself on GPA14 so I'm not sure what is going on. However, Pete has made a lot of improvements in the GPA15 build. Still in beta, but the 4.13 beta is very stable and super smooth. Might want to give it a try.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    YES!!!!! I thought it was just me.

Also, sometimes even though by BT headset shows as connected, it only works through the phone's earpiece. Even if I disconnect and reconnect the headset, it won't work right until I reboot the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I am not having any of those issues. what apps do you have installed?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefvelo View Post
    Dozens of apps. Do you have an idea of what might be interfering or are you just hunting for a smoking gun for dialer problems?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Not having this problem myself. Have you tried wiping Dalvik Cache in recovery?

Brandon
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm my experience any slow downs hangs or battery drain ha always come from a crappy app, usually a Free one. Even if it doesn't show up as running at the time I. Think it can affect other apps performance at times.
    I tried a windows 7 home app a few weeks ago and one of the updates broke several things. I flashed over the rom I was using and it seemed to fix it. After I uninstalled it of course.
    Wipe and only install an application at a time that you really use and see if that I what it was.
    I think many Apps are not ready for GB.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by myriad46 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefvelo View Post
    Dozens of apps. Do you have an idea of what might be interfering or are you just hunting for a smoking gun for dialer problems?
    Good to hear that I'm not the only one! I also have dozens of apps installed. I guess I'll post a list of all my apps over the weekend, and we can see what we have in common and hopefully figure out what is causing this.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
    Not having this problem myself. Have you tried wiping Dalvik Cache in recovery?

Brandon
    Yes, I did do that several times, and have even tried wiping and reinstalling GPA14, and then restoring all my apps.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    I reflashed GPA14 over top of my current install, hoping to fix whatever files were affected. I was going to try a clean install next, but it sounds like that didn't fix it.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links