DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Anybody else having issues with Dialer in GPA14

  1. Droid
    joe1980's Avatar
    Member #
    122673
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    47
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Anybody else having issues with Dialer in GPA14

    I've been having some strange problems with the Dialer app in GPA14. This actually started with earlier GPA builds:
    1. If I have my phone set to vibrate, about 1/3 of the time when I answer a call, the phone doesn't stop vibrating. When this happens, the only way to recover is to pull the battery. To get around this, I have my phone set to not vibrate during incoming calls, and I just set the ringer volume way down at work (not ideal, but acceptable for now).
    2. Today, I answered my phone at work, and even though the 'Speaker' indicator was off, the caller was essentially on speakerphone. This was embarrassing because it was a personal call and a lot of my coworkers could hear the first few things that the caller said. I quickly pressed 'End' and called back, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem since.

    Has anybody else experienced any of these problems? Have you found a solution? Can I revert to an older version of the Dialer app from a BB Froyo ROM? I'm wondering if that might fix the problems.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    rkeller62's Avatar
    Member #
    13603
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    424
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
    I've been having some strange problems with the Dialer app in GPA14. This actually started with earlier GPA builds:
    1. If I have my phone set to vibrate, about 1/3 of the time when I answer a call, the phone doesn't stop vibrating. When this happens, the only way to recover is to pull the battery. To get around this, I have my phone set to not vibrate during incoming calls, and I just set the ringer volume way down at work (not ideal, but acceptable for now).
    2. Today, I answered my phone at work, and even though the 'Speaker' indicator was off, the caller was essentially on speakerphone. This was embarrassing because it was a personal call and a lot of my coworkers could hear the first few things that the caller said. I quickly pressed 'End' and called back, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem since.

    Has anybody else experienced any of these problems? Have you found a solution? Can I revert to an older version of the Dialer app from a BB Froyo ROM? I'm wondering if that might fix the problems.
    Didn't experience any of those problems myself on GPA14 so I'm not sure what is going on. However, Pete has made a lot of improvements in the GPA15 build. Still in beta, but the 4.13 beta is very stable and super smooth. Might want to give it a try.
  4. Master Droid
    myriad46's Avatar
    Member #
    8076
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    #3
    YES!!!!! I thought it was just me.

    Also, sometimes even though by BT headset shows as connected, it only works through the phone's earpiece. Even if I disconnect and reconnect the headset, it won't work right until I reboot the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  5. Droid
    chiefvelo's Avatar
    Member #
    4844
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #4
    I am not having any of those issues. what apps do you have installed?
  6. Master Droid
    myriad46's Avatar
    Member #
    8076
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefvelo View Post
    I am not having any of those issues. what apps do you have installed?
    Dozens of apps. Do you have an idea of what might be interfering or are you just hunting for a smoking gun for dialer problems?
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  7. Master Droid
    bplewis24's Avatar
    Member #
    173906
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    790
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Not having this problem myself. Have you tried wiping Dalvik Cache in recovery?

    Brandon
  8. Droid
    chiefvelo's Avatar
    Member #
    4844
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    61
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #7
    I'm my experience any slow downs hangs or battery drain ha always come from a crappy app, usually a Free one. Even if it doesn't show up as running at the time I. Think it can affect other apps performance at times.
    I tried a windows 7 home app a few weeks ago and one of the updates broke several things. I flashed over the rom I was using and it seemed to fix it. After I uninstalled it of course.
    Wipe and only install an application at a time that you really use and see if that I what it was.
    I think many Apps are not ready for GB.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    joe1980's Avatar
    Member #
    122673
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    47
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by myriad46 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefvelo View Post
    I am not having any of those issues. what apps do you have installed?
    Dozens of apps. Do you have an idea of what might be interfering or are you just hunting for a smoking gun for dialer problems?
    Good to hear that I'm not the only one! I also have dozens of apps installed. I guess I'll post a list of all my apps over the weekend, and we can see what we have in common and hopefully figure out what is causing this.
  10. Droid
    joe1980's Avatar
    Member #
    122673
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    47
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
    Not having this problem myself. Have you tried wiping Dalvik Cache in recovery?

    Brandon
    Yes, I did do that several times, and have even tried wiping and reinstalling GPA14, and then restoring all my apps.
  11. Master Droid
    myriad46's Avatar
    Member #
    8076
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    #10
    I reflashed GPA14 over top of my current install, hoping to fix whatever files were affected. I was going to try a clean install next, but it sounds like that didn't fix it.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Dialer issues
    By ksalce in forum Droid 2 Roms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 02:51 PM
  2. D2G Dialer Issues
    By Pattmyn in forum GET~R~DONE
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 02:32 AM
  3. Issues with dialer
    By destinydmm in forum Motorola Droid 2 Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 07:51 AM
  4. Issues with dialer
    By destinydmm in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 06:03 AM
  5. Dialer One and Stock Phone issues
    By FootballRef in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Search tags for this page

android dialer doesn't work
,
dialer gpa
,
dialer won't work on droid x
,
dialer wont open on droid x
,

droid 2 dialer won't open

,
droid 2 global dialer won't open
,
droid pro dialer won't open
,
droid x dialer won't work
,

droid x2 dialer problems

,
gpa vibrate after answering
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+