DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Whats the final say on LED notifications these days?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Whats the final say on LED notifications these days?

I cant pin point exactly when I lost my LED notifications. I think it was sometime around a Froyo update. It seems like some lost it around that time too, some still have it, some have recently lost it. Can we get back LED notifications or was there something changed so that they just dont exist anymore?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jbang917 View Post
    I cant pin point exactly when I lost my LED notifications. I think it was sometime around a Froyo update. It seems like some lost it around that time too, some still have it, some have recently lost it. Can we get back LED notifications or was there something changed so that they just dont exist anymore?
    I have LED notifications, but they're a bit touchy. sometimes if I 'clear' an active voicemail I won't get LEDs for anything like texts or missed calls until I reboot. when I gave Pete's stock/root build a shot, the LEDs worked fine there... no real customization though on GB, so I'm back with the classic CM
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by alquix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbang917 View Post
    I have LED notifications, but they're a bit touchy. sometimes if I 'clear' an active voicemail I won't get LEDs for anything like texts or missed calls until I reboot. when I gave Pete's stock/root build a shot, the LEDs worked fine there... no real customization though on GB, so I'm back with the classic CM
    Thanks for the response. Yea Im not really sure what broke my LED. I am pretty sure they were not working back when I was just rooted stock... hadnt even flash any custom ROM at that point. Hopefully someone having the issue I am having finds a fix one of these days.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    i seemed to have lost mine about two weeks ago when i went from BBV0.6.21 to LFY GB rom. thought the ROM was the culprit so i came back to BB and still no dice....
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    @wildmountain
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus DUH!
    same here, they just seemed to go away...missing it for sure
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    All my notifications worked fine with bb.6.2.1 and pe4.2, both froyo roms. I tried both pe5 and gpa gingerbread roms and had poor results with notifications. There are a few things that just work differently or inconsistently with GB that finally made me nandroid back to pe4.2. All my notifications are working again the way I prefer.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    They DO work the reason they go away is when the screen is unlocked or turned on, turn off "unlock screen" and "screen on" in your sms app and youll atleast get a blinking light of your color

it seems there is only 1 set blink-rate,

the new notifications act as if their an independent process from the application itself rather than a process controlled by the app, this would make sense that some options work and others dont.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    you can get Light Flow and set options to your liking....just a thought.
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbelt27 View Post
    They DO work the reason they go away is when the screen is unlocked or turned on, turn off "unlock screen" and "screen on" in your sms app and youll atleast get a blinking light of your color

it seems there is only 1 set blink-rate,

the new notifications act as if their an independent process from the application itself rather than a process controlled by the app, this would make sense that some options work and others dont.
    It's more because the changes made in Gingerbread for notifications is that the LED notifications are ended once the screen is on. So for most people (if the ROM install worked right), turning off the "unlock screen"/"screen on" setting in Handcent/Chomp/SMS Popup or whatever third-party app they use, should work. If the screen is on when you get the text, no LEDs at all.
    Galaxy Nexus - Verizon
    4.0.2, stock
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I have followed this issue for a while now and believe me I have tried messing with every setting in handcent. Also, got rid of handcent completely and tried stock messaging app. Have used things like Light Flow before. Nothing works. All settings are set properly (so in theory led should work)... screen is off, I receive an sms for example... still no led notifications.

Links