DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having sync issues?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    chasemanhattan3
    Phone
    Droid 3

Anyone else having sync issues?

My gmail won't push email. Google voice seems to push sms and voicemail ok, text messaging works, but gmail I have to go in and manually hit refresh. I wipe data and cache 3x flashing from gpa13 to 14. Using Pete's sv 600mhz kernel. Anyone else having this issue?? Maybe I'm overlooking something stupid! Have background data enabled, sync is on. So I don't know. Thanks in advance for the responses...

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @webeougher
    Phone
    Motorola A855 Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiechase37 View Post
    My gmail won't push email. Google voice seems to push sms and voicemail ok, text messaging works, but gmail I have to go in and manually hit refresh. I wipe data and cache 3x flashing from gpa13 to 14. Using Pete's sv 600mhz kernel. Anyone else having this issue?? Maybe I'm overlooking something stupid! Have background data enabled, sync is on. So I don't know. Thanks in advance for the responses...
    From your homescreen, press menu, choose settings, then choose Accounts and Sync. Select your Gmail/google account and make sure "Sync Gmail" is checked. For whatever reason, in GPA builds, this is not selected by default.

(Also, this has been discussed numerous times, so you could probably save yourself time and frustration if you use the search feature.)
    Motorola A855 Droid
    GPA17 Beta + Red Motorola Boot Logo

Motorola Xoom
    Stock
  4. tmc
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nesus
    I am having a similar issue. My Gmail just stops syncing every now and then. Manually hitting refresh brings up the "Loading conversations..." message and stays there forever. I wiped 3 times before installing GPA14. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail. I do have Gmail sync turned on in account settings. I've tried switching to airplane mode and back, but no luck. The only thing that gets it syncing again is a reboot. Odd thing is, I've never had the SMS problem so many others have.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @webeougher
    Phone
    Motorola A855 Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc View Post
    I am having a similar issue. My Gmail just stops syncing every now and then. Manually hitting refresh brings up the "Loading conversations..." message and stays there forever. I wiped 3 times before installing GPA14. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Gmail. I do have Gmail sync turned on in account settings. I've tried switching to airplane mode and back, but no luck. The only thing that gets it syncing again is a reboot. Odd thing is, I've never had the SMS problem so many others have.
    That sounds like a separate issue, and the only thing I can think to suggest would be to wipe and reinstall, which is a pain. But...it might help.
    Motorola A855 Droid

Motorola Xoom
    Stock
  6. tmc
    Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nesus
    I figured on a fresh wipe and install when GPA15 is released, if it's not too far off. For now I can live with it. But after rereading the OP, I agree with you that it does sound like a separate issue. Sorry Aggie if I hijacked your thread.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
    For whatever reason, in GPA builds, this is not selected by default.
    If I'm not mistaken gmail isn't included in GPA builds. You have to go and get it from the market. Then you go and check it after install.

I believe it's the same with other google services like reader and what not.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    co-worker with Droid 2 traveling in China - major cities. active sync email stopped working. deleted account and attempts to reenter are failing. Phone works, no internet, gmail, etc. Suggestions?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @webeougher
    Phone
    Motorola A855 Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by phonegoddess View Post
    co-worker with Droid 2 traveling in China - major cities. active sync email stopped working. deleted account and attempts to reenter are failing. Phone works, no internet, gmail, etc. Suggestions?
    If there's no internet, that's the problem. Connect via wifi and set it back up that way.
    Motorola A855 Droid

Motorola Xoom
    Stock
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    chasemanhattan3
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiechase37 View Post
    From your homescreen, press menu, choose settings, then choose Accounts and Sync. Select your Gmail/google account and make sure "Sync Gmail" is checked. For whatever reason, in GPA builds, this is not selected by default.

(Also, this has been discussed numerous times, so you could probably save yourself time and frustration if you use the search feature.)
    Dang, knew it was something stupid!
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidx
    I am having a similar issue but when I get into accounts/Gmail it no longer has the box to check for "sync". When you hit email it manually syncs but does not keep it in sync.

It does sync if you hit refresh while in email or go to accounts and hit sync.

Suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links