DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't download Swype - GPA013

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTZ Rezound

Can't download Swype - GPA013

I just installed the GPA013 ROM yesterday and all seems to be going well except I am having problems downloading things. Got an email last night with an attachment and it took forever to download but finally did. And today I got an email from the Swype beta program that a new beta version was available. I clicked through the email to download it and it just hangs there in the Downloads screen. It says "In Progress" but no part of it has actually downloaded. It stays at 0%. I've tried powering off and on and pulling the battery. Also tried downloading from the secondary download on the Swype website. Anyone have a suggestion on what could be causing this? I've never had any problems downloading apk's before (before Bugless that is) and no other changes to my environment, etc. Thanks!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRealtor View Post
    I just installed the GPA013 ROM yesterday and all seems to be going well except I am having problems downloading things. Got an email last night with an attachment and it took forever to download but finally did. And today I got an email from the Swype beta program that a new beta version was available. I clicked through the email to download it and it just hangs there in the Downloads screen. It says "In Progress" but no part of it has actually downloaded. It stays at 0%. I've tried powering off and on and pulling the battery. Also tried downloading from the secondary download on the Swype website. Anyone have a suggestion on what could be causing this? I've never had any problems downloading apk's before (before Bugless that is) and no other changes to my environment, etc. Thanks!
    Same here... found a link in the Swype forums to download to my PC, then just transferred the .apk to my phone.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    PetRiLJoe
    Phone
    Chevy01's SS 5.4* blue theme.
    I'm having what seems to be the same issue in downloading Swype. So I'm using a different keyboard for now.

@ edlow : I have had trouble in the past with Swype APKs that were not installed via the Swype installer APK first; they always stopped working and were tap-only (no Swyping) after it expired or something. I guess it was some restriction they put on their APKs but I really don't know. Anyway just a heads up. *edit* Hey guess what I guess I skipped over the part where you got it from the Swype forums! I'm guessing since you found it somewhere official it won't crap out on you. I always got mine from other sources before I finally got into Beta lol. So nevermind I suppose.
    -Joseph

It has been brought to my attention that I don't meet the requirements to post my dropbox referral link in my signature. Also it's against our forum rules...
    So if you're interested, ask me about my Dropbox referral link.

Links