I need a few people to test GPA14 before I release it to the masses. Before you "jump on the bandwagon" there are a few things you need to know...
Beta testers will:
1) Be very familiar with the rooting, custom recoveries, flashing roms, etc
2) Wipe data and cache (more than once) before installing the beta build
3) Not restore data using applications such as Titanium backup, etc (manualy restore!)
4) Use only the default kernel provided in the beta build
5) Not modify the beta build in any way (removing apps, themeing, etc)
6) Run only the latest baseband available (C_01.43.01P)
7) Fully read release notes/changelog before flashing beta build
8) Report back only new issues (not those that occur in previous builds)
Those who do not follow any of the above guidelines are deemed ineligible to beta test.
GPA14 Release Notes:
As you will see from the changelog, many applications have been updated. I am primarily interested in the "Google applications" and making sure they are working properly. These are the core applications in /system/app whos names start with "Google". Never the less, it is also important to ensure the other apps I have updated are working properly as well.
When you long press on a home screen to select a widget, they will now be grouped by the app. This is made possible my the implementation of code written by boombuler into the Settings application. Because of this modification, please ensure that all widget functionality is working properly (not referring to lag).
Many have become aware that memory management in Gingerbread has become more aggressive than it once was in previous Android versions. Because of this change, devices with less than 256MB of RAM (Droid, Milestone, etc) struggle to keep applications open, resulting in them closing "early" or without the users consent. To fix this issue, I have adjusted the "min free" parameters and "oom" values to be less aggressive and forced some assets to be purged. Because of these changes, your device may report less memory free than it did before. This is not a bad thing! Before the system would keep too much memory free, deeming that RAM unusable for applications. Speaking of RAM and applications, do not use task managers...ever.
Further details and changes in this release can be found in the changelog. Please note that GPA14 may change at any time, the changelog will be updated accordingly if this occurs.
Download (Choose latest file available)