DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: About to throw my Droid against a brick wall

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

About to throw my Droid against a brick wall

Went back to BB 6.2.1 from PE 5.2 (Gingerbread is NOT Droid 1 friendly), and it took me two full BB installations (wiped data 3 times both times) and some other tweaks to get the android.acore process to stop crashing. Now today, the Stupid Zombies app decided not to open, and when I tried reintalling it from the market it just hangs. After wiping the market data twice, I now have TWO seperate installations of Stupid Zombies going at once, still moving at a snails pace, and my battery is down to 15% (usually at 70-80 right now). I have also pulled my battery several times. This is nuts, and I do not want to reinstall the ROM AGAIN.

Any advice?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Go to Application Management and find Market , Stop application , clear data , clear cache , should stop the repeated DL . Try again with DL , had this happen to me once did this and worked .
    To Droid or not to Droid is no longer a question , DROID!
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benhar View Post
    Went back to BB 6.2.1 from PE 5.2 (Gingerbread is NOT Droid 1 friendly), and it took me two full BB installations (wiped data 3 times both times) and some other tweaks to get the android.acore process to stop crashing. Now today, the Stupid Zombies app decided not to open, and when I tried reintalling it from the market it just hangs. After wiping the market data twice, I now have TWO seperate installations of Stupid Zombies going at once, still moving at a snails pace, and my battery is down to 15% (usually at 70-80 right now). I have also pulled my battery several times. This is nuts, and I do not want to reinstall the ROM AGAIN.

Any advice?
    Why would that make you angry at the Droid? I mean it's the chance you take when you install custom ROM's isn't it?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    this is a problem i got a few times after restoring. thats whats causing your problem. follow the guide in the sticky about how to restore
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks all for the advice. Finally fixed it by letting both "installations" run their course (took about 45 minutes), then installed it again (the other two didn't take). Later found out that the crashing comes from restoring my game saves with Titanium Backup, so I guess those are gone.

hookbill, I wasn't actually mad at the Droid itself, I was just exaggerating in sharing my frustration. I know it's a risk from rooting, but that doesn't mean fixing issues can't be frustrating sometimes.

Anyway, things seem to be back to normal, albeit without Stupid Zombies because I don't feel like going back through all the levels again. One thing is for sure, I believe I'll be staying with Froyo based BB.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    ThE_SkEpTiK
    Phone
    Droidone
    I ran into issues restoring apps with Titanium when jumping ROMs. I found that (even though it may suck) a clean wipe / flash, and DL / install of apps works best. Maybe I'm wrong, just my experience.

Also, if you are going to use any theme, make sure to clear the ringtones from system, either to sd card or delete. BB621 comes loaded I noticed, and could fill partition very quickly. Just a thought.
    Droidone
    BugLess 6.2.1
    ADW Launcher EX
    Slayher LV 1.1@1100

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge
    I've tried several different Gingerbread ROMS. I've had issues with all of them. My Droid runs perfect on BB 6.2.1 w/ the P3 Droid 1.1ghz kernel. I'm staying with this setup until the Bionic comes out.
    Last edited by Halo; 03-17-2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Every time a phone is rooted, an angel gets its wings.
  9. Soulless Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    zerosouls
    Phone
    Razr
    Premium Member
    Guys, please.... maybe try some other ROMS and Kernels? I have had major success looking in other directions.
    Feel like a geek?: http://gplus.to/GeekPlus
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosouls View Post
    Guys, please.... maybe try some other ROMS and Kernels? I have had major success looking in other directions.
    Like what? I was thinking about trying CM7 when it becomes official, but for now BB 6.2.1 seems to be the best. From what I've seen the problems with the GB roms aren't on the ROM developer end, they are on Gingerbread itself.

Please keep in mind I wasn't complaining about BB, I was trying to fix whatever issue there was with coming back to BB from PE5.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    treefrog2k12k3
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    I'm running 1.3 from pete and living it. Sure there was a couple of bugs in the start but the apps have updated and fixed those.

But "WHY THE RUM?!"
    "But WHY THE RUM?!!"

Links