DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: [ROM STABLE] Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.2 Build GPA11

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by webeougher View Post
    1. Format Data/Factory Reset (I do this twice)
    2. Formate Cache (also twice)
    3. Under Partitions, Format Boot
    4. Also under Partitions, Format System
    5. Under Advanced, Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6. Also under Advanced, Wipe Battery Stats
    7. Install from SD Card --> Choose File to Install --> Pick your GPA ROM
    8. Reboot
    9. If you want to flash a different kernel, hold down the power button and power off. Boot into Recovery, flash your kernel (Step 7, only choose the kernel instead of the GPA ROM), then reboot.
    10. Tap Andy, set up your Google account, and allow your apps to sync.
    I've followed this advice when I first loaded up GPA11, and have tried several kernels now in efforts to improve my battery life. My attempts have found no success yet unfortunately. I tried the recommended Slayher, Raid Zero, P3, ChevyNo1, all of them the low or ultra-low 1000mhz.

In my attempts to find the sweet spot, I've been running my Droid with completely stock apps, and have been reloading the ROM everytime I switch out the kernel just to ensure there's no funny business between kernels.

The battery life has been horrendous across the board, with the phone dying with VERY little use within about 6 hours. This was not the case running 2.2.1 with 1000mhz Slayher kernel as I had been for several months. I could get a full day and then-some out of my phone with moderate use.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on what I could be trying? It seems like other people seem to be having good battery life running GB, so I find it hard to believe that it just comes along with the territory.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Rom is smooth. Nice work overall.

2 Questions.

Is there a way to turn on or install battery percentage?

Anyone else having a problem with sirius (or other music streaming)? After listening to sirius for 10 minutes or so the audio stops. I have to restart the app to get the audio back.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing0 View Post
    Rom is smooth. Nice work overall.

2 Questions.

Is there a way to turn on or install battery percentage?

Anyone else having a problem with sirius (or other music streaming)? After listening to sirius for 10 minutes or so the audio stops. I have to restart the app to get the audio back.
    try installing a different overclocking kernel. I believe slayher 1Ghz ULV is running well for a lot of people. but every phone is different
    ROM: Bugless Beast GPA11
    Kernel: 1 Ghz LV
    Recovery: Clockwork
    Launcher: Launcher Pro Plus
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have been running GPA11 since it was released with the 1ghz gb slayher and have loved it. I have not had any FC, reboots, or issues until today. I stopped getting text messages and got an error when trying to send one. Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

I am using the stock launcher and stock text message app and it worked when the ROM was initially installed (I did wipe as always). Any help would be appreciated. Love the work you do Pete.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Last edited by jdm627; 02-18-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Favorite Rom DX: I killed my X D1: MIUI!!! DINC: Sense
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 Cricket Wireless
    Finally got this ROM fully working and had it fully working for the better part of the day. Now something weird is going on. I can access my networked computers over WiFi but I can no longer browse or use internet dependent apps over WiFi. It seems to have something to do with the DNS. I dialed *#*#4363#*#* in and went under the WiFi Status. The stats show fine but the ping shows, "Ping IpAddr: Pass" "Ping Hostname(www.google.com): Fail: Host unreachable. "HTTP Client test: Fail IOException. I tried rebooting the phone and clearing the WiFI settings. I even tried using different DNS but still a no go.

Another weird issue the default Google page keeps defaulting to Spanish... WHY?!

UPDATE: After messing with the WiFi it seems that setting a static IP is causing problems.

UPDATE: Alarm clock doesn't work right either. (IMO this ROM needs to cook in the oven a bit longer.)
    Last edited by xsylus; 02-19-2011 at 12:14 PM.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by stastnysnipes26 View Post
    try installing a different overclocking kernel. I believe slayher 1Ghz ULV is running well for a lot of people. but every phone is different
    Cool. I'm using the 1Ghz ULV slayher kernel. Do you have a link to the different slayher kernels that work with this rom?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by skilaufen View Post
    I have been running GPA11 since it was released with the 1ghz gb slayher and have loved it. I have not had any FC, reboots, or issues until today. I stopped getting text messages and got an error when trying to send one. Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

I am using the stock launcher and stock text message app and it worked when the ROM was initially installed (I did wipe as always). Any help would be appreciated. Love the work you do Pete.
    From what I am understanding from what I have been told because I have been getting this on another GB ROM is that the system is killing the messenger service and it isn't keeping it in memory. I was told if it were kept in memory then the problem would go away. Now whether or not it will work I do not know I couldn't get a single text so I just unrooted and am waiting until this issue is definitely solved.

If anyone knows of another issue and fix for this please let me know because this is the only issue holding me back from gingerbread!
    Last edited by Droid101; 03-01-2011 at 01:56 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    You could always flash GPA12 and see if that doesn't fix the issue.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by trestevenson View Post
    You could always flash GPA12 and see if that doesn't fix the issue.
    eh there is nothing in the OP about the messaging app. So I think Id rather wait for a confirmed fix then root and try it then have to revert back.
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Links