There are so many ways to attempt to fix the battery issue:
1) Change the governor settings to onDemand
2) Get rid of apps that are not required (ie automatic taskkillers)
3) Make sure you wipe and install the ROM at 100% battery life
4) When resetting stats, you have to drain your battery to the point it powers off, and then charge for 8-10 hours regardless of %.
5) Don't use automatic brightness unless you're outside.
6) Change the kernel. P3Droid, Sapphire, and Slayher kernels are some of the most suggested.
7) If you're having issues with the latest version, revert back to the older one.
And if all of them don't work, then go to another ROM. It isn't like you're forced to stay with this one.