DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The woes of BB 6.2.1

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid User
    This thread should be deleted because it already existed. My insults and derogatory comments? post the ones that offended him? Certain people on this planet think they are important and deserve something from the people that truly create great things. If a couple of posters can't figure out why they are having problems they need to move on. not fill up the collectives space with inane babble about the same things over and over again. Since i'm kind enough not to start another thread bragging about how great this rom is i'll come in every damn thread you guys create and fill it with my inane babble. if you want the answers about battery life find the first thread created about 6.2.1 battery problems and post there. then wait for answers. don't start more threads.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    jborq
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    This thread should be deleted because it already existed. My insults and derogatory comments? post the ones that offended him? Certain people on this planet think they are important and deserve something from the people that truly create great things. If a couple of posters can't figure out why they are having problems they need to move on. not fill up the collectives space with inane babble about the same things over and over again. Since i'm kind enough not to start another thread bragging about how great this rom is i'll come in every damn thread you guys create and fill it with my inane babble. if you want the answers about battery life find the first thread created about 6.2.1 battery problems and post there. then wait for answers. don't start more threads.
    Neither you or gsDroid have any right to tell people not to post or start new threads. Every case of battery issues may be unique. Now you are just trolling any thread with the word "battery" in them.

You both should just stfu. Don't read the threads if you don't want to see the posts. It's quite simple, cupcake.
    Liquid Smooth Roms 3.2 for HTC Thunderbolt

http://www.thedarkfiber.com/
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by x25064 View Post
    This is the first rom i've put on my phone. Prior to this i was rooted stock droid with my battery draining down in six hours because i use my phone to play podcasts and xm alot throughout my morning. After i put bb6.2.1 my battery life has gone to ten plus hours. This is with p3droids 1.25 standard voltage kernal and my phone is always running 1.25. i never drop it down. this has been the second best thing i've done to my phone since i purchased it. rooting it was by far the best thing. All this *****ing about battery life is crazy. Over the year or so i've been here lurking about i've seen guys just flashing rom over rom over rom. Maybe this is why your phone sucks now and it might not be the rom. all you guys whining should sbf back to rooted 2.2 state and reinstall from there. after of course you wipe everything. maybe then it'll be a better experience for you. And stop creating new threads for the same damn problem. We know, "YOUR" battery sucks. enough!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsDroid View Post

+1 Stop blaming the rom for your battery problems. Every rom has posters complaining about how that rom sucks for battery life. Your phone may not run the rom optimally, or you may have messed up installing the rom, or you may need a different kernel for the rom. Or you need to uninstall your task killer. I have the best battery life I have had on any rom. Quit Blaming The ROM. If you have installed bb 0.6.2.1 correctly and no kernel, including the default, gives you good battery life, your phone is not suited for this rom.

This thread was created for all users who share negative battery experiences with this release. It is a source of problem collaboration, acquired knowledge, and hopefully solutions.

It is my hope that pete may see this thread, and with enough combined intelligent information from all troubleshooting posts within it, create a new bb version without the same problems.

I have run all versions of BB, and this by far has generated the most collaborated backlash of battery problems then all previous versions. This is not user error it is an issue that seems to affect a large number of those trying to run the latest installment. If your phone works, great, consider yourself lucky. Get off your high horse otherwise. The only ones doing the whining here are you two, the rest of us are looking for solutions.

In short, if you don't like it, GTFO of my thread.

This is my problem, You created your own thread. even though there are twenty threads about this. Why the Mods aren't moving these all to a single sticky i don't know. But i do know you didn't need to rewrite all the same things and create a new thread. you weren't thinking. you just thought you were important enough to have your own thread. You really think pete is gonna create a new rom because a few users are having trouble working it? 95 percent of us have it dialed in perfect. only a select few are seeing the problems. Also with every single rom made there are supposed issues. to say this one is the worst isn't you looking for help and fixes, it's you crying. remove the rom and move on. you're a disease in this forum. you think you're helping but you are just adding more junk to the servers.
    All developers look for feedback from their roms in order to fix problems in newer versions. Welcome to android modding.

95%? Let's see your stats you based this off of.. oh wait..

Me creating this thread is looking for fixes, saying I have had significant issues with this over other roms stresses the point of bugs within this rom.

Trolls like yourself are the disease of all forums. You have been reported.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Your insults and derogatory comments are going to get you an infraction. First, watch your language. Second if you can't contribute to the thread then just ignore it. I'm tired of getting reports about you. Either be respectful or you will find yourself with time out of the forum.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid1
    Ive had the battery problems too. I did all the usual fixes ( fix permissions, reset battery stats, etc. ) and have gotten better battery life as of recently. I still haven't flashed the update to 6.2.1 yet but plan on doing it in a few minutes and will keep you all posted. I am keeping the stock kernel that comes with the ROM and have it set on demand 250min 800max through the interactive governor installed on the ROM already. I may go back to using SetCPU because of the great battery life I got using profiles on BBV4 and v5. I dont use the comp cache and use my phone a lot for web browsing, playing with apps, phone calls, picture taking and tons of texting and usually get between 5 and 7 hours of use time. If the phone sits idle in my pocket all day and is only used for intermittent phone calls and texts I get about 18 to 20 hours before it needs a charge. I usually have WIFI off but I leave GPS on and let the Android system do its magic and only use things when it needs them so the GPS doesn't effect the battery life too much. There are so many factors that its almost impossible to pin point battery issues on these phones. If I remember correctly my battery life sucked since day one ( my first smart phone, Droid1 ). I was used to a flip phone that could go 3 days without a charge. I can only imagine how bad battery life still would be if I hadn't rooted!
    Last edited by Biggdogg76; 01-17-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    OG DROID1 Project Elite 4.2 = One happy Android
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid1
    I also forgot to add something I feel is very important to battery life. I keep most of the notification LED's off so they dont blink all day in my pocket needlessly,use auto brightness, and have all haptic feedback turned off . Like I said, there are so many factors its ridiculous to pin point all battery problems.
    OG DROID1 Project Elite 4.2 = One happy Android
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    If this ROM is causing these issues, then why bother running it? It doesn't seem bugless at all.

You know it sure would be nice to have Pete come in and address these issues.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    If this ROM is causing these issues, then why bother running it? It doesn't seem bugless at all.

You know it sure would be nice to have Pete come in and address these issues.
    I've always been a fan/supporter of pete's work, and have used his roms since I first rooted my droid. Always tried other roms and kept coming back to BB. Right now I am running the latest CM and its just not as smooth or fast as BB. When this version worked for me.. it freakin worked like a charm, but once it stopped working, man oh man did it stop.

I'd also like Pete to see this. My main concern is that he goes unaware of this issue some of us are having, and builds the next version of BB on this version, transferring the same problems into a new build. I think I read that Pete is very busy back at school and won't be around til mid-late spring. Not entirely sure though.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Well, I'm not trying to run anybody out of here but he does have his own website and I do see him every once in a while in this thread. At least he could give you a yes or a no on the question of battery.

I don't run the ROM but my feelings are that more then likely something else is causing a battery issue if in fact there exist one. I say that because let's face it, Droids and all other smart phones are battery hogs. I'm running a stock D2, and I see absolutely no difference in this and when I was rooted and overclocked.

I don't run custom ROM's myself. It's just a personal preference. I do keep extra charged batteries on hand.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    treefrog2k12k3
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    I find this interesting, on bb 6.1 I had massive battery problems, yet on 6.2.1 I am getting phenomenal battery life. My guess is that your phone does not like either the rom or the kernel. my suggestion is to move on to another rom or start slamming different kernels until you find one that works. I have spent an entire day trying kernels before I found one that worked before.

Droid I- Rom, crap which one did I load again?
    "But WHY THE RUM?!!"
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links