DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: The woes of BB 6.2.1

  1. Master Droid
    gsDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    10845
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    513
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    And stop creating new threads for the same damn problem. We know, "YOUR" battery sucks. enough!!
    +1 Stop blaming the rom for your battery problems. Every rom has posters complaining about how that rom sucks for battery life. Your phone may not run the rom optimally, or you may have messed up installing the rom, or you may need a different kernel for the rom. Or you need to uninstall your task killer. I have the best battery life I have had on any rom. Quit Blaming The ROM. If you have installed bb 0.6.2.1 correctly and no kernel, including the default, gives you good battery life, your phone is not suited for this rom.
  2. Theme Developer
    xkape's Avatar
    Member #
    95251
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,877
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #12
    Why wouldn't soeone who didn't know the answer NOT post in the ROM's problem thread? If I ran BB and my battery went to nothing, I would immediately assume I did something wrong. As did the OP. They tried a lot of stuff to get it working to no avail. So, they posted in here thinking it may be the ROM. That kind of post should be taken as such... the OP is frustrated that it isn't working so needs to vent a little BUT, they posted it ehre for a reason.. they want help because they want the ROM to run. Otherwise, why even bother posting. Just grab a different ROM and move on.


    To the people having battery issues, I'm not saying this will work but it's at least something to test.... As we wall know, not all kernels are great for every phone. That being said, a kernel not functioning properly can jack the phone. Maybe check to see if something is constantly running.. for example.. if it's always looking for wifi but connecting and immediately disconnecting, that will kill a battery. Also, if the phone is going from 3g to 1x all the time... that means its searching for 3g which will also kill a battery...

    Point is.. giving someone who needs help...help (as so far from what I see, only Mbk and modified did) instead of telling them sorry about your luck would be a far more useful post.
    Choices always were a problem for you
    What you need is someone stong to guide you, like me.
    Trust In Me now don't you judge or question
    You are broken now but faith can heal you
    Just do everything I tell you to do
  3. Droid
    mke236's Avatar
    Member #
    28136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    This is the first rom i've put on my phone. Prior to this i was rooted stock droid with my battery draining down in six hours because i use my phone to play podcasts and xm alot throughout my morning. After i put bb6.2.1 my battery life has gone to ten plus hours. This is with p3droids 1.25 standard voltage kernal and my phone is always running 1.25. i never drop it down. this has been the second best thing i've done to my phone since i purchased it. rooting it was by far the best thing. All this *****ing about battery life is crazy. Over the year or so i've been here lurking about i've seen guys just flashing rom over rom over rom. Maybe this is why your phone sucks now and it might not be the rom. all you guys whining should sbf back to rooted 2.2 state and reinstall from there. after of course you wipe everything. maybe then it'll be a better experience for you. And stop creating new threads for the same damn problem. We know, "YOUR" battery sucks. enough!!
    The only thing that SUCKS HERE IS YOU. Maybe it is the rom maybe it's not. There is no way to really tell. Either way, people have a right to express their concerns and or problems. This is how progress is made, by determining what works and what doesn't. I am a huge fan of Bugless, and have ran many versions. This one in particular does seem to not like my phone battery, but I will just wait for an update I guess. Either way, chill
  4. Master Droid
    x25064's Avatar
    Member #
    24054
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    609
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #14

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    This is the first rom i've put on my phone. Prior to this i was rooted stock droid with my battery draining down in six hours because i use my phone to play podcasts and xm alot throughout my morning. After i put bb6.2.1 my battery life has gone to ten plus hours. This is with p3droids 1.25 standard voltage kernal and my phone is always running 1.25. i never drop it down. this has been the second best thing i've done to my phone since i purchased it. rooting it was by far the best thing. All this *****ing about battery life is crazy. Over the year or so i've been here lurking about i've seen guys just flashing rom over rom over rom. Maybe this is why your phone sucks now and it might not be the rom. all you guys whining should sbf back to rooted 2.2 state and reinstall from there. after of course you wipe everything. maybe then it'll be a better experience for you. And stop creating new threads for the same damn problem. We know, "YOUR" battery sucks. enough!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    And stop creating new threads for the same damn problem. We know, "YOUR" battery sucks. enough!!
    +1 Stop blaming the rom for your battery problems. Every rom has posters complaining about how that rom sucks for battery life. Your phone may not run the rom optimally, or you may have messed up installing the rom, or you may need a different kernel for the rom. Or you need to uninstall your task killer. I have the best battery life I have had on any rom. Quit Blaming The ROM. If you have installed bb 0.6.2.1 correctly and no kernel, including the default, gives you good battery life, your phone is not suited for this rom.

    This thread was created for all users who share negative battery experiences with this release. It is a source of problem collaboration, acquired knowledge, and hopefully solutions.

    It is my hope that pete may see this thread, and with enough combined intelligent information from all troubleshooting posts within it, create a new bb version without the same problems.

    I have run all versions of BB, and this by far has generated the most collaborated backlash of battery problems then all previous versions. This is not user error it is an issue that seems to affect a large number of those trying to run the latest installment. If your phone works, great, consider yourself lucky. Get off your high horse otherwise. The only ones doing the whining here are you two, the rest of us are looking for solutions.


    In short, if you don't like it, GTFO of my thread.
  5. Master Droid
    gsDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    10845
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    513
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by x25064 View Post
    This thread was created for all users who share negative battery experiences with this release. It is a source of problem collaboration, acquired knowledge, and hopefully solutions. In short, if you don't like it, GTFO of my thread.
    If you were truly interested in what you say, you might have extended one of the other 20 or 30 threads instead of starting another because you are too lazy to read them.
  6. Droid Ninja
    jcwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    92494
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,398
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    #16
    so anyways...i had the same issue and then got another familiar thread and someone suggested the sappire kernals and so i tried it and its been great for me! i take the phone off the charger at 6am and at 11pm i still have 70% left! thats with a few texts one or two 10 min calls. so basically all idle. thats how it should be if the phone is not being used a lot if you ask me. good luck

    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher




    Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  7. Master Droid
    x25064's Avatar
    Member #
    24054
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    609
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by gsDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by x25064 View Post
    This thread was created for all users who share negative battery experiences with this release. It is a source of problem collaboration, acquired knowledge, and hopefully solutions. In short, if you don't like it, GTFO of my thread.
    If you were truly interested in what you say, you might have extended one of the other 20 or 30 threads instead of starting another because you are too lazy to read them.
    As stated, this thread has been started as a collective resource for all those who have problems with 6.2.1. Something that all "20-30 threads" fail to do. The main rom thread also fails to do this as many questions asked there are overlooked and ignored.

    Also since you yourself were too lazy to read mine objectively, you'll notice I have tried all solutions offered within each thread you reference.

    If all your going to do is piss and moan, please leave my thread. I will not bicker with you further.
    Last edited by x25064; 01-17-2011 at 06:37 PM.
  8. Senior Droid
    polack's Avatar
    Member #
    21036
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    115
    Phone
    Droid User
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by x25064 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    This is the first rom i've put on my phone. Prior to this i was rooted stock droid with my battery draining down in six hours because i use my phone to play podcasts and xm alot throughout my morning. After i put bb6.2.1 my battery life has gone to ten plus hours. This is with p3droids 1.25 standard voltage kernal and my phone is always running 1.25. i never drop it down. this has been the second best thing i've done to my phone since i purchased it. rooting it was by far the best thing. All this *****ing about battery life is crazy. Over the year or so i've been here lurking about i've seen guys just flashing rom over rom over rom. Maybe this is why your phone sucks now and it might not be the rom. all you guys whining should sbf back to rooted 2.2 state and reinstall from there. after of course you wipe everything. maybe then it'll be a better experience for you. And stop creating new threads for the same damn problem. We know, "YOUR" battery sucks. enough!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by polack View Post
    And stop creating new threads for the same damn problem. We know, "YOUR" battery sucks. enough!!
    +1 Stop blaming the rom for your battery problems. Every rom has posters complaining about how that rom sucks for battery life. Your phone may not run the rom optimally, or you may have messed up installing the rom, or you may need a different kernel for the rom. Or you need to uninstall your task killer. I have the best battery life I have had on any rom. Quit Blaming The ROM. If you have installed bb 0.6.2.1 correctly and no kernel, including the default, gives you good battery life, your phone is not suited for this rom.

    This thread was created for all users who share negative battery experiences with this release. It is a source of problem collaboration, acquired knowledge, and hopefully solutions.

    It is my hope that pete may see this thread, and with enough combined intelligent information from all troubleshooting posts within it, create a new bb version without the same problems.

    I have run all versions of BB, and this by far has generated the most collaborated backlash of battery problems then all previous versions. This is not user error it is an issue that seems to affect a large number of those trying to run the latest installment. If your phone works, great, consider yourself lucky. Get off your high horse otherwise. The only ones doing the whining here are you two, the rest of us are looking for solutions.


    In short, if you don't like it, GTFO of my thread.

    This is my problem, You created your own thread. even though there are twenty threads about this. Why the Mods aren't moving these all to a single sticky i don't know. But i do know you didn't need to rewrite all the same things and create a new thread. you weren't thinking. you just thought you were important enough to have your own thread. You really think pete is gonna create a new rom because a few users are having trouble working it? 95 percent of us have it dialed in perfect. only a select few are seeing the problems. Also with every single rom made there are supposed issues. to say this one is the worst isn't you looking for help and fixes, it's you crying. remove the rom and move on. you're a disease in this forum. you think you're helping but you are just adding more junk to the servers.
    Last edited by polack; 01-17-2011 at 06:41 PM.
  9. Master Droid
    x25064's Avatar
    Member #
    24054
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    609
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    #19
    Again see previous post.
  10. Theme Developer
    xkape's Avatar
    Member #
    95251
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    3,877
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Bionic, G Nex and T Prime
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #20
    Polak...really? Wow. Insults and derrogatory comments. Are not only not needed, they are not wanted. If I were an admin I would have deleted every post you have made in this thread.
    Since im not. I will ask you to stop or I will report you to one. Choice is yours.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    Choices always were a problem for you
    What you need is someone stong to guide you, like me.
    Trust In Me now don't you judge or question
    You are broken now but faith can heal you
    Just do everything I tell you to do
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Overclocking woes
    By ijustwantaname in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 11:17 PM
  2. Blu Ray Woes
    By LtKen in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 09:16 AM
  3. widget woes
    By Nealius in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 11:07 AM
  4. 2.1 to 2.01 woes
    By Toast in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 04:53 PM
  5. Downloading Woes
    By Coloneldave in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 09:34 PM

Search tags for this page

*wakelock* battery

,

bugless beast battery status

,

bugless beast high battery usage while idle

,

bugless beast v. project elite

,

cm6 vs bb

,

droid 1 a855 froyo cm bugless beast 6.2.1

,

email.apk bb 6.2

,

pe4.2 setcpu screen off not using minimum

,

pe4.2 setcpu screen off not working

,

phone problems in bb 6.2

,

project elite 4.2 vs. bugless beast

,

unknow battery status bugless beast

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+