DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Just installed 0.6.2.1, a few configuration questions

  1. Junior Droid
    iissmart's Avatar
    Member #
    100674
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Just installed 0.6.2.1, a few configuration questions

    I just flashed my Droid 1 from BB 0.5 to 0.6.2.1, love the new theme and features but I have a few questions:

    1) How do I remove the "News and Weather" app that comes installed by default?

    2) How do I disable the camera "tick tick tick" focus sound effect? I tried turning off Settings -> ROM Toolkit -> System -> Camera Sounds but that didn't do anything.

    3) Is it possible to add the "Silent" option to the volume rocker switch, instead of having to use an app to switch to it?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Ninja
    jcwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    92494
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,398
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by iissmart View Post
    I just flashed my Droid 1 from BB 0.5 to 0.6.2.1, love the new theme and features but I have a few questions:

    1) How do I remove the "News and Weather" app that comes installed by default?

    2) How do I disable the camera "tick tick tick" focus sound effect? I tried turning off Settings -> ROM Toolkit -> System -> Camera Sounds but that didn't do anything.

    3) Is it possible to add the "Silent" option to the volume rocker switch, instead of having to use an app to switch to it?

    1: use titanium backup to remove any apk you dont want. you can also freeze them if you may want to use them at a later date besides removing the apk. i recommend making a backup before removing a bunch of apks
    2: the camera focus noise i do not know of it be able to be silenced. i could be wrong but i have not seen a setting for it.
    3: i have a silent option on my rocker but not a vibrate option i think this is part of the rom...

    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher




    Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  4. Senior Droid
    thesandman00's Avatar
    Member #
    23199
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    I presume that the camera focus is more of a hardware sound, not software. I could be wrong.
  5. Droid Ninja
    TRIKOTRET's Avatar
    Member #
    71602
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,464
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razor Maxx
    #4
    any idea if this rom has quick unlock feature for pin lock. its when u enter the 4 pin and unlocks without pressing enter
  6. Junior Droid
    iissmart's Avatar
    Member #
    100674
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwilliams View Post
    1: use titanium backup to remove any apk you dont want. you can also freeze them if you may want to use them at a later date besides removing the apk. i recommend making a backup before removing a bunch of apks
    2: the camera focus noise i do not know of it be able to be silenced. i could be wrong but i have not seen a setting for it.
    3: i have a silent option on my rocker but not a vibrate option i think this is part of the rom...
    Quote Originally Posted by thesandman00 View Post
    I presume that the camera focus is more of a hardware sound, not software. I could be wrong.
    Sorry I think I described it wrong. The sound the camera makes when you half-press the camera button and let it focus seems to be a hardware sound, so nothing can be done. The "three ticks" sound is when you first open the camera app, and it comes out of the speaker. I was hoping to turn off that sound.

    If I keep pressing my rocker switch down it eventually goes to Vibrate, not Silent. I think there is a setting to *replace* Vibrate with Silent that comes from the stock OS, but I was hoping to have both options available.

    Thanks for the tip on titanium backup, I'll check it out.
  7. Master Droid
    superglen99's Avatar
    Member #
    4555
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auburn,WA
    Posts
    779
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    The 3 ticks you hear is not from the speaker. Its the camera lens opening and getting in position to snap a pic. Its hardware and nothing can be done.
  8. Droid
    kingpg's Avatar
    Member #
    93147
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Motorola Droid UD2.0.0 1.2ghz
    #7
    For the volume rocker on settings>sound>make sure silent mode and silent state are checked and have vibrate always on. Then you will have both vibrate and silent mode when you click the volume rocker down.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid A855
    Team D1-MIUI 1.2.11
    P3Droid 1.2ghz Kernel
    Galaxy S Theme

  9. Droid Ninja
    jcwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    92494
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,398
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpg View Post
    For the volume rocker on settings>sound>make sure silent mode and silent state are checked and have vibrate always on. Then you will have both vibrate and silent mode when you click the volume rocker down.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Nice find thanks never woulda found that


    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher




    Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  10. Droid
    kingpg's Avatar
    Member #
    93147
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Motorola Droid UD2.0.0 1.2ghz
    #9
    Np as for that camera sound its definetly hardware. Nothing you can do for that...

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid A855
    Team D1-MIUI 1.2.11
    P3Droid 1.2ghz Kernel
    Galaxy S Theme

  11. Droid Ninja
    jcwilliams's Avatar
    Member #
    92494
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,398
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    #10
    Yea that's what I thought too. Wasn't sure though

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher




    Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. questions about removing Verizon/Pre-installed apps
    By jbg25 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 02:09 PM
  2. NAT configuration
    By idrive300zx in forum Droid Incredible Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 06:12 PM
  3. DROID X Configuration Questions
    By pmyeomansjr in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 02:17 PM
  4. Got BB 2.1 installed... new questions raised...
    By Razr in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 05:13 PM
  5. Just installed Home++, now questions...
    By mrdorunjr in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 08:25 PM

Search tags for this page

bugless 0.6.2.1 themes
,
bugless beast 0.6.2.1 rom themes
,

bugless beast 0.6.2.1 themes

,
bugless beast themes 0.6.2.1
,
bugless beast turn off shutter sound
,
disabling picture sound droid global
,
droid 2 global camera shutter sound
,
motorola droid 2 disable camera focus lock sound
,
themes for bugless beast 0.6.2.1
,
turn off camera sounds bugless beast
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+