The 2.3 one isn't quite ready for prime time IMO. I tried installing the 2.2 keyboard apk from the BB0.5 system files, but I get lots of force closes. What am I doing wrong?
ohhhhh too bad, I was using the 2.3 keyboard since Pete snagged it out the other week and I wouldn't ever go back. Love the numbers on the top and the . key having all of the punctuation there.
I haven't encountered any problems with it on BBv0.61 - what's not ready for prime time with it?
bugless beast v0.6.2.1
1. Find an old 2.2 ROM and unzip it (I used BBv0.5).
2. The 2.2 keyboard (LatinImeGoogle.apk) is located in system/app. Install it after uninstalling the stock BBv0.6.1 keyboard.
3. You'll also need to grab the "libjni_latinime.so" file from system/lib. Simply copy it from the 2.2 ROM and paste it into the same folder in BBv0.6.1.
4. Reboot (may not be necessary.. I did it just to be safe).
5. Navigate to your keyboard settings and make sure the "Android keyboard" box is checked.
6. Select "Onscreen keyboard settings" -> "Input languages" and make sure "English (United States)" is checked.
What's wrong with the 2.3 keyboard? i love it =]
And if you're talking about the predictive text not working so well, there is a version out that you can just flash on it to replace it, and boom predictive text works.
So what happens when I do this and have NO software keyboard to select in settings?
EDIT: Got it! forgot to "Install" it. Just put the file in there and forgot to run it.
Thanks for the method. It's good to have the stock keyboard back.
Last edited by myriad46; 12-23-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
AOKP Rom - current build