DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Miren (MIUI) Browser.... Blacked Out... UPDATED 1/6

1. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Miren (MIUI) Browser.... Blacked Out... UPDATED 1/6

this is the newest version, 1.2

This will install to /data, so just download the app, put it on your SD, select the app, select install, and you are surfing "in the black"....

I only themed what I use, if you find some stuff like rss feeds and such that aren't themed, just take a screenshot and send it to me, be sure to include the key strokes to get there so I can look at it to fix it....

Enjoy...........

http://www.4shared.com/file/zuVjPdFZ...OutMiren2.html

Screenshots are from 1.1, but the look is the same exit that there is now a RSS feeds button on the main menu page....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Miren (MIUI) Browser....  Blacked Out...  UPDATED 1/6-cap201101021535.jpg   Miren (MIUI) Browser....  Blacked Out...  UPDATED 1/6-cap201101021536.jpg   Miren (MIUI) Browser....  Blacked Out...  UPDATED 1/6-cap2011010215362.jpg   Miren (MIUI) Browser....  Blacked Out...  UPDATED 1/6-cap2011010215363.jpg   Miren (MIUI) Browser....  Blacked Out...  UPDATED 1/6-cap201101021537.jpg  

Last edited by ecsnead69; 01-06-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Get "Blacked Out"

Like my stuff....?? << a.k.a, the "would ya, could ya" request button
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Hadn't tried miren yet, but liked the look and now its all mine hahahahahaha.
    Nice job on this.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    hailtothetheif8
    Phone
    GOOGLE Nexus S 4G
    Looks great!! Loaded fine on my GTab, DX, and D2G!!
    Nexus S 4G MIUI 1.7.1,
    Kernel: *Matr1x* with BLN and voodoo v3.5 - smartass gov and 1.4 Ghz oc
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    w00t!! LOVE IT!! Thanks so much.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    CodenameAndroid/Leankernel
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Rooted/unlocked and overclocked
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    Premium Member
    Just noticed some issues with white backgrounds in the bookmarks section when you move things around. I will get it fixed and put out an updated version soon....

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

Get "Blacked Out"

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I canít seem to get this installed. I followed the instructions in the OP, but it doesnít install. Any ideas how I to get this on? Also is this the most recent version?

Iím getting the sense that thereís something simple Iím not doing that would facilitate the installation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Droidlovinyogi View Post
    I can’t seem to get this installed. I followed the instructions in the OP, but it doesn’t install. Any ideas how I to get this on? Also is this the most recent version?

I’m getting the sense that there’s something simple I’m not doing that would facilitate the installation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Yes, it's the most recent version (I posted the original apk that e.c. themed).

I actually used an update zip to install it to /system/app. If you're going to do this, you need to delete Browser.apk from /system/app first (at least I did). The update zip file is attached.
    Attached Files
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by GirLuvsDroid View Post
    I canít seem to get this installed. I followed the instructions in the OP, but it doesnít install. Any ideas how I to get this on? Also is this the most recent version?

Iím getting the sense that thereís something simple Iím not doing that would facilitate the installation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Yes, it's the most recent version (I posted the original apk that e.c. themed).

I actually used an update zip to install it to /system/app. If you're going to do this, you need to delete Browser.apk from /system/app first (at least I did). The update zip file is attached.
    Thatís great it worked; it installed via Clockwork recovery with no problem. Thanks so much. It is beautiful! Very cool!

Though I donít think it is the latest version. I might be mistaken about the actual build number, but the version I just replaced with this black version was 1.1. Build 137 or 139. This black version is 1.1 Build 129.

The version I replaced had these additional features and UI enhancements:

1. A dedicated RSS link on the Miren home page that opened an RSS feeds set up page.
    2. A new home screen widget with a display that could be toggled between the RSS news highlights and various website links.
    3. New settings to choose whether short pressed links open in the same browser tab, or another browser tab.
    4. New settings to choose specific long press responses (I may have the short and long press choices confused, but I do remember that they added additional function and user control)
    5. New settings to designate whether a swipe gesture is to be used for page back / forward, or to change to other open browser tabs (if other tabs have been opened).

There may be other features which I had yet to discover. I hadnít become totally familiar with the update, but youíd probably agree that the short list above represents significant improvements from older versions.

Here is a copy of the backup I have of the version I replaced Ė I think it is 1.1 Build 137 or 139. Droid forumís system didnít accept the apk as a valid file attachment, so I used Root Explorer to zip it. I am new to all of this and itís the first time Iíve used Root Explorer to create a zip Ė or created a zip via any means for that matter Ė so I hope itís whole and correct.

It has additional features which the black version does not have. Is it possible for you to theme and zip it so it can be installed the same way? (If youíre willing to do it and this zip doesnít work, please let me know what I need to do to re-send it so you can work with it.)

Thanks again for your help and sharing you knowledge.
    Attached Files
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Though I donít think it is the latest version. I might be mistaken about the actual build number, but the version I just replaced with this black version was 1.1. Build 137 or 139. This black version is 1.1 Build 129.
    Do you know when this update became available? It's odd, because I had received several updates to the Miren Browser since I first installed it a month or more ago, but I didn't get this update notice (either as a status bar notification, or in the list of My Apps) and after reading your post, I searched for it it in Market, it is now showing it as Free (so not installed from the Market perspective). I believe it must have updated in the last couple of days after I posted the apk for e.c., but I'm not positive.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to do the inversion myself, which is why I asked e.c. to do it in the first place, so it will be up to him whether he wants to go to the effort to black it out again for the update. e.c., I'm sorry about the update!
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
  10. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Rooted D1 & Fascinate
    Premium Member
    I will get it done, but it will be a few days. My vacation is over so I don't have as much time to work on stuff....

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

Get "Blacked Out"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links