Yes...for adbshell you need your phone your pc the usb cable...and this
Android Debug Bridge | Root Your Droid
Also...download a clean version of http://www.regalgs.net/droid/Ultimat...0-Nextheme.zip . right click the file and rename (only change the "UltimateDroid_9.8.0-Nextheme" and replace it with "update" so before you hit enter it should say update.zip (IF you are on Windows 7 this will be different and you will leave of the .zip part I believe)
Boot into recovery
- mount options->Enable USB Mass Storage
- when the drive loads to the PC and you open the folder to explore...you should see everything on your sdcard
- copy the file named "update.zip" to the root (main) menu of your sdcard.
- once it has finished copying -> disable USB Mass Storage.
open cmd promt window on your pc and launch adb shell
- when it opens you should see a "#"
- if not tell us what you did exactly and what you see so we can help
- once you see the # the rest should work... (in each case you should get a response in the following line essentially repeating back what you typed (and in some cases like formatting will tell you it is complete)
Then make sure you back out to the main menu in SPrecoveryCode:su sysrw format:SYSTEM format:BOOT sysrw exit
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
Then go to
Install->Allow update.zip->Install /sdcard/update.zip (depricated)
You should be good to go!