DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Installer Premium....does this team get a cut of the profit?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member

Update Installer Premium....does this team get a cut of the profit?

i have a question about the updater premium....

Is this team getting a cut of the profit? if not i'm just getting the free version and i'll independently donate to the team. Also if not, are you going to make your own updater (free and premium)?
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post

Is this team getting a cut of the profit? if not i'm just getting the free version and i'll independently donate to the team. Also if not, are you going to make your own updater (free and premium)?
    Are you talking about the Rom Manager? Or Droidmod's updater app? I'm really not sure about Rom Manager, I do know that the team has to buy the premium app also, I'm not sure the app dev is giving any cuts to anyone. I'm thinking not though.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    Premium Member
    i'm talking about the app in the market that allows you to flash ultimate droid. this team works hard and i don't like the thought of giving my money to someone that doesn't split the profit with the dev. in other words .... i'd rather donate to the team and just flash the rom the old fashion way until they get their own installer.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    i'm talking about the app in the market that allows you to flash ultimate droid. this team works hard and i don't like the thought of giving my money to someone that doesn't split the profit with the dev. in other words .... i'd rather donate to the team and just flash the rom the old fashion way until they get their own installer.
    Yeah that's Rom Manager. Honestly I don't think the devs are getting anything, they even have to buy the app themselves in order to provide the ROMs. But again I'm not entirely sure, might ask blackdroid himself to get a better answer. By the looks of it though I don't think they get anything.
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid UD V10 RC1
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    no we are not getting any profit, however, i am currently working on our own installer. I cant tell you when it will be out, but untill then you can either donate directly or wait for the release of our own installer. thank you very much for your support
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    Premium Member
    ok thanks blackdroid donating now and waiting anxiously for your own installer (with metamorph compatibility ) thanks for all your hard work!! we all it
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by the blackdroid View Post
    no we are not getting any profit, however, i am currently working on our own installer. I cant tell you when it will be out, but untill then you can either donate directly or wait for the release of our own installer. thank you very much for your support
    Ok cool thanks for clearing that up! Looking forward to trying out your installer lol!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon

you seem a bit confused =) there is not really a "team" koush made rom manager himself (im pretty sure) the donate is for his work on that app alone. If you wish to support other rom devs that are in his rom manager rom list, you can go to that developers page (maybe they should add a link in the rom manager for this purpose) and you can donate to them.

It isn't like a donate and he passes the profits out to all the devs. they get their own donations.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by the blackdroid View Post

I suppose that's nice, seems a bit pointless since you basically have one already. Will you still keep your rom installable through the rom manager then or will you remove it and have it through your own only?

what is "our" pete and other rom devs? or I don't get it. I figure you got rom manager just use that. perhaps donate links can be added in the comments of the roms in the rom list or somethign?
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I too had to purchase the app even to beta test with, and no, no profit is being given to me. I honestly don't care either way as long as I can contribute to the entire process so that we all can have the latest and greatest experience with our devices.

oh - and to answer the question as to why my "Beta Team" tag is still black - they have to fix or create a tag for a supporting member who is also a beta tester! lol!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links