DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: This thread is about motorcycles!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    So since we're all here, I'll just ask - how many of you use Bluetooth to get your phone signal into your helmet?
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Phone
    N1, Atrix, Xoom, GNex, and N7
    Premium Member
    That's funny! Part of the reason I love to ride is to get the hell away from stuff! I carry the phone in my tank bag, but no bluetooth!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Well I like to get away from stuff too. With 3 weeks of back-to-back 500+ mile days carrying 80 lbs of camping gear and sleeping on the ground almost every night, I sometimes like a little music in my helmet to pass the time. Riding across Kansas or Nebraska can be made a lot less tedious with XMradio streaming. Plus, I have a wife and kids and I'd like them to be able to reach me in case of emergency. Google Maps helps too.

For a few hour's escape, it would be silly to go through the trouble. When living on the bike for weeks at a time, it can be a bridge to sanity.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I've got a few bikes. My favorite is my 01 CBR600F4i, which used to look like this:

Then we both took a spill where my bike hit a tree here after a lowside at 70mph:

After a little bit of time and a little bit more of $$$ she's back on the street again:

I'm hoping to hit the track at some point this year, never been there before but the people I ride with tell me it's a blast.

I'm also getting into dirt riding, here's my dual sported 96 XR250r:

I've also got an 04 GSX-R750 that's for sale, the terrible ergos wasn't worth the better handling and additional power for me. And a 94 kx60 that can be a mean little SOB.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by bassJAM View Post
    I've got a few bikes. My favorite is my 01 CBR600F4i, which used to look like this:

Then we both took a spill where my bike hit a tree here after a lowside at 70mph:

After a little bit of time and a little bit more of $$$ she's back on the street again:

I'm hoping to hit the track at some point this year, never been there before but the people I ride with tell me it's a blast.

I'm also getting into dirt riding, here's my dual sported 96 XR250r:

I've also got an 04 GSX-R750 that's for sale, the terrible ergos wasn't worth the better handling and additional power for me. And a 94 kx60 that can be a mean little SOB.
    Nice stuff! If you are gonna do some track days, why not use the GSX-R750 there? The ergos(which I happen to like) are ideal for the track, and because you will be moving around so much, they should be less of an issue for you.
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassJAM View Post
    And a 94 kx60 that can be a mean little SOB.
    I bet. I had a RM80 with the big wheel kit for a while. Fun just doesnt describe it. Have fun at the track!
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Dirt bikes are so much fun, but I got hurt on those far more than on street bikes. I had a 2006 CRF250X that I put the 250R pipe on, used the 250R jetting, opened up the airbox, snipped the pink wire that fooled the ECU into raising the rev limiter to 13k and using the 250R ignition map, etc...

The only thing that I didn't convert over was the cam, I left that alone. The result was a bike that had the power of the R, but still had a headlight and electric start of the X model. When we tossed it on the dyno back to back with my buddy's CRF250R, his made 1.2hp more on top, but mine made 2hp more in the midrange.

The result was a bike that ripped, but when I stalled it going up a slimy muddy hill, it was a hell of a lot easier to press the starter button than to try and kickstart the thing...

Plenty of times I would lock the rear wheel up sliding down a loose hill and stall the motor, and I would just press the starter and not even slow down, while my friend had to either try to bump start it, or stop and kickstart it.

But I came to realize that when you ride on the street, you might crash. When you ride in the dirt and are whizzing through the woods at 40mpg over mud, leaves and roots, you WILL crash. LOL
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Nice stuff! If you are gonna do some track days, why not use the GSX-R750 there? The ergos(which I happen to like) are ideal for the track, and because you will be moving around so much, they should be less of an issue for you.
    I don't really want 2 sport bikes since I don't intend on being a track junkie, we'll see though. I bought it only because after I wrecked the f4i I didn't think I'd be able to rebuild it and I picked the 750 up pretty cheap. Now that the Honda's back on the street I'd like the sell the Suzuki and put the money towards some sort of cruiser or standard I can take weekend trips on.

Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    But I came to realize that when you ride on the street, you might crash. When you ride in the dirt and are whizzing through the woods at 40mpg over mud, leaves and roots, you WILL crash. LOL
    I've had 4 street crashes (yeah I know) and more than I can count dirt crashes. The difference is I've been extremely lucky on the street not to have killed myself on at least one of the crashes, and two took me about 2 months to fully heal from sprained shoulders. I've been on a group ride where a fellow rider went down never to get up again and it SERIOUSLY SUCKED!! It makes you think about the risks you are taking just trying to have fun.

On the dirt I figure for the most part the worse that can happed is a broken bone. Sure I crash more but the next day I typically feel fine.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    I have an 81 Yamaha xs650 anyone else in here ride one of these relics too?
  10. jev
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx D.E., Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Captmilk View Post
    I have an 81 Yamaha xs650 anyone else in here ride one of these relics too?
    Ride no, but I have a "project" 82 XJ750 Maxim that I'm turning into a bobber one of these years.
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Links