DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: XAndPlayer - DivX/XVid AVI Video Player

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

XAndPlayer - DivX/XVid AVI Video Player

Folks

Today our pre-1.0 beta release has been posted to the market.

This is our first step of many to develop the most comprehensive video player available for Android devices. However to do that, we decided to start with more achievable goals.

Currently the player supports only DivX/XVid in AVI format with MP3 encoded sound. However, in comparison with the other players in the market, I believe ours provides a more enjoyable viewing experience due to the time and effort optimizing the decoders and rendering functionality.

As a result, XAnd will happily play videos on the lowest specification devices available such as the HTC Tattoo thanks to its adaptive decoder.

One main issue that we have found with other players, especially on anything other than the highest spec devices, is that audio frequently and significantly runs way out of sync with the video.

We felt that while video quality is important, close audio to video synchronization made for a much less frustrating viewing experience Thus priotity is given to sync instead of video quality where needed, while still ensuring that video definition is more than adequate.

Features for the future releases include the following:

MKV, WMV, FLV support
    AC3, OGG audio decoding
    Subtitles
    Snapshot to JPG (Wallpapers of your favorite movie)
    Audio extraction (Ring tones, Predator jungle scene anyone?)
    Video segment bookmarking
    Streaming

If anyone has any further feature suggestions, please feel free to comment and we'll see what we can do.

Also, feedback on the app, good or bad is gladly recieved. We have performed endless testing, but with so many device variants, and video encoding options, its akin to moving a mountain with a spade.....long and arduous

Thanks for reading.

Hi
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Can you post the barcode to it?
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I would LOVE that .mkv support! I can't wait for the application to come out.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    the app looks amazing! where can I get it???????????

edit: nvm it's on market for 99 cents I belive
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola

i dont think so

Wow thank you sir. How kind of you to charge your customers to test your app and report bugs to you .. oh oh thank you ... were is the next line I can stand in to take a beating.

how about you get a working app on the market place b4 i agree to pay for anything . wont buy this product ever. (animated icon insert for middle finger at punk developer).

When it comes to the point were droid users need to play avi's on there phone to save the world ... then you have my support but until take that app and choke on it!
    Last edited by Snap.jd; 08-21-2010 at 09:13 PM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I would pay for a .flv player
    Moto Droid Rooted and OC'D, SPRecovery, BB V.6.1, Chevy's 1.1Ghz MV,

"You gotta perfect it before you package it" - Dion Sanders
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Captivate (SGH-i897)

Thumbs down

Not worth the money IMO. Give it time you will see some one else come out with a free version soon enough!

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap.jd View Post
    Wow thank you sir. How kind of you to charge your customers to test your app and report bugs to you .. oh oh thank you ... were is the next line I can stand in to take a beating.

how about you get a working app on the market place b4 i agree to pay for anything . wont buy this product ever. (animated icon insert for middle finger at punk developer).

When it comes to the point were droid users need to play avi's on there phone to save the world ... then you have my support but until take that app and choke on it!
    Wow, really? You can't spare 99 cents to help a developer with his app? Plenty of developers follow this route, charging people a small amount of money to get in on a good app early. And then once the product is finalized, you get it for free. Right now it's a fully functioning xvid/divx avi player, it's not like you are getting ripped off. And there's no need to be so rude about it, just say no thanks and pass on it

I'll give it a download and check it out a little bit later today.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetzilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap.jd View Post
    Wow thank you sir. How kind of you to charge your customers to test your app and report bugs to you .. oh oh thank you ... were WHERE is the next line I can stand in to take a beating.

When it comes to the point were WHERE droid users need to play avi's on there phone to save the world ... then you have my support but until take that app and choke on it!
    Wow, really? You can't spare 99 cents to help a developer with his app? Plenty of developers follow this route, charging people a small amount of money to get in on a good app early. And then once the product is finalized, you get it for free. Right now it's a fully functioning xvid/divx avi player, it's not like you are getting ripped off. And there's no need to be so rude about it, just say no thanks and pass on it

I'll give it a download and check it out a little bit later today.
    Also...Nice First Post!!

And Mr App Dev man, Ignore this user. He know not what he say.

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    So I bought it and installed it, and will probably be returning it shortly. I'm using a Droid running Sapphire 1.0 (froyo rom) overclocked to 1 ghz, and it takes forever to open, and sometimes crashes when opening. The video playback is also quite choppy, and there is a noticeable audio lag on every video I tried.

Links