DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: m:IQ launches MobileMe-like, cloud sync solution for Android

1. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

m:IQ launches MobileMe-like, cloud sync solution for Android

I wanted to give you a heads up that Best Buy Mobile recently released an Android version of its m:IQ cloud sync service (http://miqlive.com) to the Android Market (Éclair devices only)!

If you’re unfamiliar with m:IQ, think of it as a FREE version of Apple MobileMe for all other smartphone platforms (Android, BlackBerry, S60, WinMo), designed to help users get the most out of their mobile phone experiences – without ever having to think about it.

m:IQ helps users sync their contacts, text messages, calendar events, calls, photos, videos, and internet favorites from their phones to their private web-based m:IQ account. Once backed-up in the cloud, users can interact with their information in exciting new ways, send and receive text messages, share their experiences with friends and social sites, and easily restore their content when moving from one phone to the next. Content instantly transfers between the phone and the web without requiring any user interaction – ensuring that users are always backed-up and have access to their information.

There are a ton of details we can go into, but in terms of how we think this release creates distinct value for the Android community:

1) Data migration to Android: From BlackBerry, WinMo, S60 – key for a large number of users (check it out)
    2) Single location online to access, interact with & share: Instead of multiple destinations, m:IQ offers a single location where all content is integrated in a private account on the web, making it easy for all types of users to feel assured that their data is safe and able to access and interact with their content in exciting new ways
    3) Fastest and most encompassing sync experience on Android: Fastest, most seamless sync of phone data types, including support for multiple contact/calendar accounts

But what we’re really hoping is that you guys can install the Android app from the Market and check it out yourselves: http://tinyurl.com/installmiq!

We’re happy to answer any questions you might have, and are hopeful that you’ll get a chance to check out the experience we’ve built for Android users, and share your thoughts with the community.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Would be great to have a setting that would disable the notification in the status bar and on the ongoing status. It's pretty annoying.

Links