DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A better, smarter photo viewer

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I just downloaded Imagine as well. I agree that folders without images should be hidden. Otherwise, I like it better than the built in application.

It has probably already been covered by other users, but when using pinch zoom, once it gets to fully zoomed out, it tends to transition to the next image instead of stopping. It could certainly use the share and delete options of the default image viewer as well.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid by Verizon
    I would like to see an app similar to AceeDsee (not sure of spelling) with its functionality for the Motorola Droid. It is a really fantastic software and very compact and lots of photo power.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    does this app allow for re-sizing images (or will it)... so i can use certain images as wallpaper? thanks
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID
    I just downloaded Imagine - and am very impressed! I think this is one of the first apps that I have come across that really takes advantage of the power of the Droid. I can flick through photos lightening fast and the increase/decrease size motion with the pinch is very fluid with no lag. Definitely a keeper!!

I also like the general design with the set of folder stacks with a micro thumbnail of one of the pictures in the folder.

My wishlist:
    1. A means to hide folders that I do not want to see listed (and have the app remember these)
    2. A means to delete photos from within this app
    3. Maybe a means to password-protect folders so they are not viewable

[I realize these are already on your Upcoming Item list - but thought I would put my vote in!]
    Last edited by kiwiguy; 12-02-2009 at 06:42 PM.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid by Verizon

AceeDsee

Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    does this app allow for re-sizing images (or will it)... so i can use certain images as wallpaper? thanks
    yes it does and very well and you can crop red eye reduction color correction it does it all
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Figures the 24 hours for my PicSay purchase refund has past.... I'll probably still grab this app anyway.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    404-895-2374
    I'll give Imagine Multitouch a go. Being a software developer myself, I can appreciate how a product can evolve and am more than willing to provide feedback, if not programming help.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    404-895-2374
    Sorry to point out problems in a public forum but your web site doesn't easily allow suggestions.

Problem:
    When pinch-zooming out, the last part of the last multi-touch motion that brings you to minimum zoom level gets interpreted as a "scroll to the next image" operation. I suspect this has to do with the user allowing one finger to disengage from the display before the other, a reasonable and expected occurrence.

Workaround:
    Only pinch zoom vertically, not horizontally (not really practical for the user community).

Suggestions:
    * Assuming it's possible to distinguish between multi-point versus single-point touch mode, I would suggest that you disable scrolling to the next image until all fingers have left the display. In short:
    * If two points are being touched, go to multi-point mode and interpret the points accordingly.
    * If transitioning from multi-point to single-point mode, only allow panning. Obviously, if the image is panned out to its minimum size, then just do nothing.
    * Do not allow any scrolling to the next image until after the user transitions to single-point mode from no-point mode.

I don't have a clue about the framework. So I may be way off base here. I'm just trying to present a conceptual approach to the problem. Feel free to contact me if any of this does not make sense. However, given what you've done so far, you're obviously pretty bright.

Thanks.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Hi bergdev,

You can PM us, email us, post here, post there, blog about it, put up a web site or just post it on Craigs List... all that matters is that you get the information to us. Public forums are just fine; secrecy has no place in our software development process.

Thank you for your finds and suggestions. You're spot on about the handling; we used something more like:
    * When transitioning from multi- to single-touch, do nothing special, but begin a "single finger operation'
    * When the single finger is lifted, it is always considered a PAN unless the following are true:
    1) It was nearly horizontal
    2) It was more than 30 pixels in length
    3) The image is zoomed all the way out

However, even that isn't working, so there's a bug there.

This will be fixed and released soon.

SoftwareForMe.com
    Makers of Imagine Multi-touch
    & PhoneMyPC
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    OK, I just downloaded and played a little bit with Imagine. I did this partly because I was looking for a good photo viewer, but mostly because I like the way SoftwareForMe does business. I am pleased that you take criticism well and simply want to make a better product. That being said Here are my two cents:

-Allow deletion, zoom, rotate, crop, etc. with long press or menu button
    -I really don't care about animation on photo switching but OK if it's an easy fix.
    -Looking only at folders that have pictures would be good. I made it easy for myself by putting all of my photo folders under one folder, so access is pretty quick and painless.
    - What bergdev mentioned about the pinch zoom I also noticed, only because I tried what he was talking about. I can see how it scrolling to the next image when simply trying to go to minimum size can get annoying. Maybe putting a minimum distance your finger must travel for scrolling would fix it.

I have only been playing with it for about ten minutes now so I may find more things I think should be fixed. I also may find that I am an idiot and some of the functions are there, I just couldn't figure them out yet.

Thanks for the good work.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links